'55 Chevy 409 Build Thread

Dewman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Welcome back Monk!!! I followed your thread when the build was happening. Congrats on the Street Rodder article.:clap

Hows the 09 been holding up?

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Love that car. :beer
We all enjoyed following along as it was built. :pop
The Street Rodder article was really good too. :clap

Monk

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Welcome back Monk!!! I followed your thread when the build was happening. Congrats on the Street Rodder article.:clap

Hows the 09 been holding up?

Hasn't seen a gas station is doesn't like.

Getting new set of headers built.........these will be a challenge as fitting a 409 into a '55 Chevy
is a challenge. Mostly the one tube tube that exits directly at the steering box.
The young man who is doing that has skills.........putting him to the test.

Stay tuned.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Hey Thom, has it really been four years since those dyno pulls in Rolla?

Glad to hear you are having fun with your 55 :). I assume you will be attending the Convention in Great Bend, KS. Will you be driving or towing? We should put together a caravan as folks come across I-70 in Missouri :) :) :).

Cheers!
TomK

Monk

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Yep it's been that long........time flys.
The '55 might even get tenure..........with retirement coming on end of year
though I might have to part with it ......if I am to start another project.
We'll see.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Thom...Sat and Sun. from daylight until we go over to TomK's house for beer and steaks for dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clyde Waldo

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Phil, my buddy Ralph and I plan to be at the swap meet again this year on Friday, unfortunately, now I'm in trouble with Ellen. She said "you and Ralph are going some where together on Valentine's Day". I offered to take her with us. I assured her that Ralph was NOT my Valentine. What's a guy to do???

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
At least you'll be back home Clyde!!! I'll be in a motel with my 2 "friends"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really shouldn't have said that....................................

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Phil, my buddy Ralph and I plan to be at the swap meet again this year on Friday, unfortunately, now I'm in trouble with Ellen. She said "you and Ralph are going some where together on Valentine's Day". I offered to take her with us. I assured her that Ralph was NOT my Valentine. What's a guy to do???

Sometimes they just don't have a sense of humor do they Clyde?? :dunno

Lonnie

Monk

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Right now it looks iffy for me......I haven't been to a good swap
meet in years.
Seems the last several feature lots of Tupperware and velvet photos of Elvis for sale.