'55 Chevy 409 Build Thread

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
....so Phil says to Butch, "Hey Butch, Do you have a date for Valentines day?".

Butch says, "Yeah, February 14th!".

Ba dump bump....
drum.gif

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Right now it looks iffy for me......I haven't been to a good swap
meet in years.
Seems the last several feature lots of Tupperware and velvet photos of Elvis for sale.
Tom.............whadya have against Elvis???????????????????????

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
All of the above can be blamed on ................................................................. BUSH :idea

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey look.........cake!
:welcome Hey Thom......welcome back to your own thread!! :hide
I hope you decide to keep the '55 instead of making room for other projects. I just can't imagine you parting with it after seeing the picture of your first one way back when ....... and then this one in the same location. That is an awesome picture!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Phil usually gets all the good "W" stuff 'cause he gets there so early, but the Columbia swap meet does have a fairly good selection most years. I always come home with something.
Last year I picked up a Corvette fuelie part for $70 and sold it for $600 on Ebay. Two years ago I purchased a 1961 348 engine, complete but dissasembled for $300. I generally donate a few parts for my buddies' table, we give the proceeds to a local car club, The Boulevard Burnouts :).

Hope to see everyone there!

Cheers!
TomK

Monk

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Before and after..........did some recent changes on the shoebox.
Put on some rear pie crust cheaters, replaced from black bumper bar to chrome and stabbed the tach on the dash (where it belonged in first place)
I think the ol '55 has received tenure

drivewayshot2.jpg55 chevy.jpg

Last edited:

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It was a long read but I liked it and was very informative and everything looked like it was quality work. Too bad a lot of the pictures are gone now with photo buckets stupid deal.

Monk

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
It was a long read but I liked it and was very informative and everything looked like it was quality work. Too bad a lot of the pictures are gone now with photo buckets stupid deal.

Yeah........bummer on the photos............if you need any just let me know
Still have most of 'em in my files

Good luck on your build

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Thom:

What was the name and location of that shop you had break your engine in? Wasn't it near Rolla?

I remember being there but forgot the proprietor's name and contact info (OK it's been while!).

Nice updates to the shoebox, I like that she's now "tenured" for life!

TomK