BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I just think the old 55 is just bad ass
StahlTotalTunedHeaders_zps89950967.jpg

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yes 55's one of my favorites too. In my 55 best et for the 1/4 mile was 11.9 and this was on street rubber. More recently was de-tuned dew to the the hassle of being able to obtain good ol 100 octane without a race licence.:bang

Mine is still slightly a little more than 195hp as well :laugh

Attachments

• 55 chev.jpg
    55 chev.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 51

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I like 55's too. This 55 "was" my favorite from our local Lewistown MT track, turned 9.3's - 9.5's. It won "Best Appearing Car" 2 out of the last 3 years at the State Awards Banquet. This year it won the NHRA division 6 championship Super Pro in October at Seattle. Then went on to the Word Finals in Pamona where he competed against the winners from the other 6 divisions for Super Pro World Champion. He won both races on Saturday. On Sunday, he lost the coin toss for lane choice and had to take the right hand lane which had been problematic for some other cars all weekend. He got the advantage at the light, then it got loose at midtrack and turned sideways. He hit the right side wall head on hard at about the 1000 ft mark and rolled on the roof and skidded across the finish line. The car was totaled :cry But Larry is OK.:)

Larry DeYoung.jpg

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
On Larry's last pass with the 55, his time slip showed a 13.7,,,,,,, on the roof. That is faster than mine on 4 wheels.:D

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Brian , I think my brother said he was stationed there while in the Air Force back in the day.I think it used to be Niagra A.F.B. Can any one please correct me if I am wrong ?:dunno:rub

:crazy:dance:cheers

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Niagara AFB (Now an Air Reserve Station, I believe) is co-located with Niagara Falls International. Was active duty during the second world war and has continued to be active on and off .

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Thank You Dick. I stand corrected !! But I remember my brother stating that the track was once an old runway. Could it have been an old municipal airport at one time ??:dunno

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Thank You Dick. I stand corrected !! But I remember my brother stating that the track was once an old runway. Could it have been an old municipal airport at one time:dunno
Butch,
Naiagara was never a runway or part of the airport:deal
Niagara Dragstrip
1054.jpg

shapeimage_2.png

Niagara Dragstrip 1961-1974
sc000360c4.jpg

Summer 1961

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
First time I ever saw that paint trim job on a '55. Judging from the plate that must have been an overseas option??????

Lonnie

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
That's a very interesting paint combination for sure. I like the chrome trim seperating the colors. I think that it is not a "FACTORY " option though. What do you say Cecil ???:dunno:scratch:rub