57 Chevy Registry - Trying to track down a car

indyjps

Any guys here 57 Chevy fans and could point me in the right direction for a good registry and websites.
My uncle purchased a "desert rose" 283 fenderskirt 57 Chevy. He just recently found his original bill of sale with vin, pics and receipts from the first 5 years of the cars life. He is looking for the current owner to possibly purchase or just see if the car still exists, see the car again, and swap stories.
Any help with website would be appreciated, Ive never researched much on 57's and google searches come up with mostly indivual owners sites or dealers.

Thanks

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Any guys here 57 Chevy fans and could point me in the right direction for a good registry and websites.
My uncle purchased a "desert rose" 283 fenderskirt 57 Chevy. He just recently found his original bill of sale with vin, pics and receipts from the first 5 years of the cars life. He is looking for the current owner to possibly purchase or just see if the car still exists, see the car again, and swap stories.
Any help with website would be appreciated, Ive never researched much on 57's and google searches come up with mostly indivual owners sites or dealers.

Thanks

I've owned my 57 for 28 years,my 57 is modified so I wouldn't know anything about stock 57's :dunno.Here's a link to a forum called Chevy Talk,they might be able to help :dunno

http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/portal/index.php?

MileHiSS

Supporting Member 1
I spend way too much time on ChevyTalk, as I have three tri five chevys.:D

I do not know of a registry for our cars. He could post on CT or Tri five.org or the Bob Ford newsletter, saying that he has the documents. He might get lucky and find that the car is still in service. It would be neat to put the two together.

bobs409

Administrator
I toyed around with the idea of starting a 348 or 409 registry but it got shot down. Not many like the idea of putting their VIN's out for all to see.

I have yet to see a registry for any make car where you could type in a VIN and see the specific info. Team Chevelle has a registry for Chevelles but no one gets to see the info! I declined from adding my cars as it does little good for me that way.

Short of the DMV, I don't think it can be done. The DMV in Pennsylvania only goes back 10 years and charges $5 per registered owner in that time frame. While all states will have different rules, I doubt any will go back to '57.

If I were searching for a car I owned, I think the best way is to track it down starting with who I sold it to, then see what they did with it and so on... Odds would not be good though. :argue: