'58 - 348 Tri Power

'37-4D

Well Known Member
QgYW9kh.jpg

'37-4D

Well Known Member
Cool. Man its not cheap to build anything anymore. I remember a bunch of years ago when Bird Manufacturing use to sell those Roadster kits in the car mags for cheap, I wish I had a large garage full of their deluxe kits now.

Mark
Yes newly manufactured traditional bodies are expensive as hell...and they aren't even always 100%, so you still have work to do on them. You figure for the price tag that you'd get top quality!!!
Same guy that built my truck had major headaches when putting one of those roadster body on a frame :grumble

Last edited:

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I may have missed it but if anyone asks, the carbs are not 1958. Those 2G and 2GC carbs are from a later date. The 1958 2G carbs had the fuel inlets positioned at the front of the float bowl. This in no way effects the performance of the carb.

'37-4D

Well Known Member
Question if I may:

Would my header configuration affect the sound on one side vs the other? (Passenger side vs Driver side)
Seems as though the passenger side sounds more clunky as oppose to the driver side that sounds more potato potato ish!!!

Since this is new to me, I'm not sure what to look for?
Is it normal or is there something not right! Might be my OCD

Attached is a video:
The first side is the passenger and the clunky side
Then
I shift over to the driver side that is more potato potato ish :laugh3
If you listen to it on really loud, perhaps you will pick up what on what I'm speaking of.

I was told that this is the result of blocking off the heat cross over port in my intake manifold!

I would love your input...many thx