58-64 with 4l80e trans

ragtp66

Well Known Member
Not the only one out there for sure but if you can fab at all you should be able to use this for inspiration to make your own.
http://www.brphotrods.com/products/58-64 B body products/index.html

I will be doing this in a 61 parkwood wagon and trying to decide how I want to handle the speedometer. May convert to mechanical speedo drive several kits out there. Electronic converter, or bite the bullett and use dakota gauges.

I asked a buddy of mine who has a TT LS in his '59. No trimming but his engine sits low. Not sure what happens if I put it behind a 348. Built 700r might be the way to go just in case.

09Jud

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
By chance, are you the one that asked me on Ebay if I make one for this? I said no but I changed my mind and will have in a few weeks
No that was not me , but i may be interested in your cross-member, let me know if its available . I have not made up my mine on transmission change

I am hoping someone will help with my challenge. I have read many posts. Questions are, what flex plate and starter can I run with my 348 and 4l60e one piece housing? Any help would be appreciated.

After I sent the note I realized I had it bass ackward. I spoke with the owner of Bowtie Overdrives and he thought the same with crank shims might work. No one that I have spoken to has actually mated one and I don’t know why.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Don't believe you will need any shims.
Just check the end of the crank to make sure the converter will fit. Some had a bushing sticking out that won't let the converter fit up.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
If you're running a 409 crank,there's a spot on the flange that will interfere with the crank and keep the flex plate from sitting flat on some flex plates. Show Cars sells just such a part.They also sell shims.Option 3,grind off the offending area[about .060] from the crank flange. Option 3 won't take more than about 5 minutes.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You may need to shim the flex plate from the crank. My 700r4 convertor was pulling out quite a bit from the pump. While it would have worked, eventually it could break the pump gears. Just check when installing.