58 Impala Underhood Pictures

needmorecarz

I was wondering if someone could either direct me to or post a couple pictures of a correctly restored engine compartment for a 58 Impala with a 348 c.i. and a single 4 BBL.. I am helping a friend detail his engine compartment and am not sure what the original colors, level of gloss, etc. should be. Thank You in advance for any help.:scratch

Fiftiesman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
58 Impala info

Needmorecarz, I'm new to this forum but, I felt I could give you some OEM info on the engine compartment of the 58 Impala's (since I'm restoring one at the moment). The firewall is painted the same color as the exterior of the car, the block (heads, intake, W/P, oil pan etc) is painted chevy orange. The following is GLOSS BLACK: air cleaner (4bbl), coil, gen bracket, a/c brackets, P/S pump, starter & brace, front motor pullies, oil cap and horns. SEMI-GLOSS BLACK: Control arms (upper and lower), frame, hood (underside), inner fenders, radiator, fan schroud, distibutor, P/S control cylinder.

Hope this helps... & good luck with the resto!

Fiftiesman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
This might help

Needmorecarz, I don't have any pic's (yet) of the project 58 I'm doing but, I can give you some info in this area.

The motor (block, heads, intake, oil pan) are painted chevy orange. The firewall is painted whatever the body color is.

Semi-gloss black: frame, a-arms, inner fenders, underside of hood, fan shroud, radiator support.

Gloss black: Air cleaner lid & base, front motor brackets, oil cap, power steering pump & cyclinder, pulleys, starter, starter brace, horns.

Hope this helps.
FM~