'58 Nomad Build

A1 NOMAD

Supporting Member 1
Well this is a story of an 12 year build. The wife and I found that we no longer had a vehicle that would seat more than 4 people and we were not about to buy a new SUV so we started looking for an older station wagon and found this in Arizona.

We thought we could get away with a simple rebuild and a clean-up.

In with the first rebuild, yep there were 2 but that is another story. And a 700r4.

Lower it a bit and add some better brakes.

Gotta have spiffy rims and tires.

OK, great, now for a little WD40 for the paint and an Indian blanket for the upholstery and we're ready to go.

The engine compartment needs some love too.

Shoot! I can't stand it, it's too nice of a car. Gotta blow it apart and do it justice.

Looking better.

18htan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Such an awesome car.

Loved it after rebuild 1.

Loved it even more after rebuild 2.

Nicely done.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Shoot! I can't stand it, it's too nice of a car. Gotta blow it apart and do it justice. I would have also , nice car!!!! Don't know about the skirt's though LOL.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Looks awesome!!! love your little "pin stripes"!! Nice touch.
So....at Bakersfield.........push car for the Cackelfest?????? I was at the Hot Rod Reunion in 2011.

A1 NOMAD

Supporting Member 1
Phil
Yep on the Cackelfest. The FED belongs to a friend, Neil O'Kane. We are all set to do it again this year.

1966shortwide
I'm not 100% sold on the skirts myself. They collect too much crap on the wheels and tires. I sure as heck don't travel with them on.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Very nice folks and a KILLER wagon. Didn't realize you folks were so close!!!

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Pictures do not do this car justice, I'am glad we got to see it in person, thanks Mike and Janice :bow:bow:bow Pat

A1 NOMAD

Supporting Member 1
Thanks, Dave. I knew you were in the Valley, where abouts?
Hey Pat, thanks. Janice and I had a ball, hope to do it again.
Mike