'58 Nomad Build

A1 NOMAD

Supporting Member 1
Wow! Didn't know you were that close. I'm sure we'll be OK from the fire. It's really smokey here and we can see some of it but it looks like it's moving south. Mike

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Wow! Didn't know you were that close. I'm sure we'll be OK from the fire. It's really smokey here and we can see some of it but it looks like it's moving south. Mike

and stay clear of that fire up there!!!!

Hi Dave & Mike,
With reading your guys last couple of posts i see that you are not far from each other.:rub
I'm heading to the USA next June & July with the good wife and we will be spending some time in Stockton CA with with my brother & sister n law, which would be in more July, so if you would be interested with catching up with a kiwi I would very much like to be able meet with up yourselves and say G'day while I am there.

Cheers
Gav

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Gav, we would like to keep in touch, hopefully we can all get together. Maybe Graffiti Night here in Modesto would be a suitable event...also, I have a friend here who is a kiwi that I will try to include, even if he is a F**d person. I am not sure if he is a displaced kiwi or a misplaced kiwi....but he can help us with the language issues!!!

A1 NOMAD

Supporting Member 1
Gav
That would be fantastic! I don't have a clue what our schedule will be but Graffiti Night would be cool or, if nothing else, a BBQ and pool party here et the house.
Mike

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Gav, we would like to keep in touch, hopefully we can all get together. Maybe Graffiti Night here in Modesto would be a suitable event...also, I have a friend here who is a kiwi that I will try to include, even if he is a F**d person. I am not sure if he is a displaced kiwi or a misplaced kiwi....but he can help us with the language issues!!!

Gav
That would be fantastic! I don't have a clue what our schedule will be but Graffiti Night would be cool or, if nothing else, a BBQ and pool party here et the house.
Mike

Thanks guys, this sounds just awesome:dance. When is the Graffiti night. I know when we were over there in 2011 we went to Modesto and found out that we had missed it, which I think was held in June. Please send me a PM with your contact details so I can put together with my travel plans.
The ol language barrier ah, well I guess as we are the first up every day to see the sun then we must be getting the best freshest oxygen so probably why you good folk think we might speak a little fast :laugh.
Anyway looking forward to next year.
Gav

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
It is usually held in early June,they haven't posted the official calendar of events yet. Last year the parade was June 7, there is a week of car shows preceding the parade and some after. If it is too early for your schedule, we can always create our own!