58 Patina Electric Truck

409envy

Well Known Member
Yawn... :yawn
I’m sorry but when you remove the engine from a vintage car you remove the soul...
what’s the point of even having car comparisons now with EV? They are all going to be the same damn thing. 0-60 in 1 second with no sound, no excitement... I just don’t care.
I would rather watch paint dry than watch an electric car race.

it’s not just about the speed and acceleration, it’s the visceral experience that a ground pounding high compression engine gives you that makes our cars appealing. Electric cars are just golf carts.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Yawn... :yawn
I’m sorry but when you remove the engine from a vintage car you remove the soul...
what’s the point of even having car comparisons now with EV? They are all going to be the same damn thing. 0-60 in 1 second with no sound, no excitement... I just don’t care.
I would rather watch paint dry than watch an electric car race.

it’s not just about the speed and acceleration, it’s the visceral experience that a ground pounding high compression engine gives you that makes our cars appealing. Electric cars are just golf carts.

I don’t think there’s anyone here on this website that feels any differently about the visceral experience....... however at some point in time the left will take that from you ........and you’ll be left with the acceleration and the G force putting you in the seat.....without sound.... tires will still howl..........it is modern day hot rodding.....not for me........but I applaud it none the less......:clap

409envy

Well Known Member
I don’t think there’s anyone here on this website that feels any differently about the visceral experience....... however at some point in time the left will take that from you ........and you’ll be left with the acceleration and the G force putting you in the seat.....without sound.... tires will still howl..........it is modern day hot rodding.....not for me........but I applaud it none the less......:clap

come and take it.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I know... sorry.
My real gripe is that I don’t really care about EV’s and I don’t really care if other people want to drive them. It’s just that they are being forced on us for a bs political agenda. If you love EV’s soooooo much go post on a Tesla fan boy forum, not a 348-409 forum.

I can understand what you’re saying, and this isn’t an electric car website.... but it is a car hobbyist website ..... we talk all things not just 409‘s and 348’s.......and I can also understand Cecil being proud of his son for doing something that a lot of people couldn’t fathom, compute or pull off........
I’ve seen where other car websites, if you don’t quite fit in...your run out of town..... Some are even made fun of because they’re not technically as sound is others on the site....... I think this is a pretty tightknit group of people and seem to try to be tolerant of each other and each other’s ideas....... it’s just support and kudos....... not a problem here ....!!!

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
A while ago I saw an old Honda Civic coupe at the drags running against a C5 vette, the Honda was a bit faster. It was a real ugly beater looking car running some kind of 4 cylinder gas engine, it was front wheel drive of course but had wheelie bars out back that jacked up the rear to load up the front tires. I admired the talent that could make that car run that fast.

To me EV’s are just another way for car manufacturers and dealers to crawl inside my wallet. I figured an EV would eliminate the sensors and computers attached to a vehicle that runs on gas and has an automatic transmission, now mostly CVT’s. KISS system technology you know. But the EV’s have just another way to take my money, complicated and expensive battery systems and charging systems.

I like this old truck with the EV shit in it, looks way better than a regular EV or a new F150/RAM/Silverado 4 door.

If you want to look good, run the old stuff with a W in it. If you want to go faster, get a 502 or LS or now you can get an EV. To each his own.

409envy

Well Known Member
Wanted to apologize to Cecil specifically for any offense I might have caused him. This forum is my sanctuary lately from the constant bombardment of news about the imminent demise of our beloved internal combustion engine.

I am not a parent so I do not have any idea of the pride he must obviously feel for his sons accomplishments. Forgive me for my short sightedness, I’ve been letting shit get to me lately and it’s not good.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
No issues here guys...I'm not a big fan of the EV's either but I am impressed with what the kid did with a HS education and a love of old vehicles. He is completely self taught.
I really don't know what the range is on a charge. He drives it back and forth to his shop where he is building a 59 Chev EV for a SoCal customer and a 56 Ford truck EV for a guy in England.
At least he is trying to save the old stuff.