58 Patina Electric Truck

Tim

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
No issues here guys...I'm not a big fan of the EV's either but I am impressed with what the kid did with a HS education and a love of old vehicles. He is completely self taught.
I really don't know what the range is on a charge. He drives it back and forth to his shop where he is building a 59 Chev EV for a SoCal customer and a 56 Ford truck EV for a guy in England.
At least he is trying to save the old stuff.

Cecil that’s impressive!!!! Kudos to him for opening a niche that wasn’t there before. The environment here inCanada and electricity being expensive the EV’s really haven’t taken off except for the people that have excessive funds. The infrastructure doesn’t support it yet either but it’s coming.

409N

Well Known Member
Liability will kill your EV conversion shop dreams , better check with your lawyer :(

Last edited:

Junky

Well Known Member
GM was experimenting with electric cars and hydrogen cars in the 1960's. I am still waiting for someone to tell me where we are going to get all the electric to power these cars. It is either burn oil or nuclear energy, both which the left say is bad. I don't see solar or wind being enough. I think that we will have gasoline / diesel vehicles around for at least another 30 years. Besides, the Chinese control the lithium mines, so they can stop development of batteries any time that they want.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Look for the burnout and autocross on a future episode of Bitchin Rides. Also there could be an electric carbon fiber Corvette replica in the works......just sayin.

Would that be the carbon fiber Corvette that kindigit is going to produce...??...... in the show he said he was looking to build at least three to start .......One of course for himself

Last edited: