58impala driveshaft

58styleking

I have a 58 impala that had a stndard 3 speed . I instaled a tubro 350 fit perfuct no problem . went to put driveshaft in and its to long by about 5 inches . are there to difrent leanghts fo r auto and standerd trans . or do ihave to shorent the first section of the drive shaft . the trans is about 26 3/4 long .:scratch

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
58styleking, Looks like you are going to have to shorten your drive shaft. You may want to check the angels as well, as they may need to be adjusted with the longer trany. Good luck Dan

Seon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You'll need to have the front shaft shorten. When I replaced my '58 powerglide with a 350TH, I brought my driveshaft to Driveline and had them shorten, balanced and installed a new carrier and installed a slip yolk at the third memeber.

58styleking

58styleking, Looks like you are going to have to shorten your drive shaft. You may want to check the angels as well, as they may need to be adjusted with the longer trany. Good luck Dan

thanks for the info will take down to drive line and have shortend thanks again mike out.:)

58styleking

You'll need to have the front shaft shorten. When I replaced my '58 powerglide with a 350TH, I brought my driveshaft to Driveline and had them shorten, balanced and installed a new carrier and installed a slip yolk at the third memeber.

thanks for the info looks like i was on the wright track will do . mike out .:) :)