'59/'60 Sedan Interior Back Glass Molding?

62BillT

Well Known Member
I'm trying to take out the Interior Top Back Glass Molding on a '59 2-Door Sedan and I'm not having any luck. I didn't see any screws and I didn't want to force it. What is the correct way to take this out?

Any help would be appreciated.

Bill

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Bill,
According to the 59 Shop Manual, 2 dr, 4 dr, and utility sedans do not have an upper backglass garnish moulding. the headliner board is tucked under the glass weatherstrip lip.
Yours has an upper rear garnish moulding?

62BillT

Well Known Member
That's interesting. It resembles a molding. It was late in the day and a little dark, but I tapped on it with a screw driver and it sounded like metal. I'll put a magnet on it and see what happens.

Would you know what the "glass weatherstrip lip" is made out of?

Bill

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
That's interesting. It resembles a molding. It was late in the day and a little dark, but I tapped on it with a screw driver and it sounded like metal. I'll put a magnet on it and see what happens.

Would you know what the "glass weatherstrip lip" is made out of?

Bill

Rubber. it's the whole back window gasket. Maybe it's just dried out and hard from age.

62BillT

Well Known Member
Cecil,

I've got a clear understanding of it now. It is rubber as you stated and I see now that it is all 1 piece as you have also stated. Never saw anything like that before.

Appreciate the help.

Bill