59-63 clutch forks

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
In need of some clutch forks 59-63 3-4-speed what do you have laying around 585/233-3424
Thanks,

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I bought this same 409 clutch fork off 62 Chevy factory 6 cylinder 3 speed cars -its been a few years but
I saw a number of original 6 cylinder cars over the years as Phil noted.

I use the type of clutch fork Brain wants on my 409 cars because it has slot for a adjustable (treaded lower rod) and the 409 one above,
does not have the slot.

Paul

heddrik

Well Known Member
I bought this same 409 clutch fork off 62 Chevy factory 6 cylinder 3 speed cars -its been a few years but
I saw a number of original 6 cylinder cars over the years as Phil noted.

I use the type of clutch fork Brain wants on my 409 cars because it has slot for a adjustable (treaded lower rod) and the 409 one above,
does not have the slot.

Paul
I am curious where this slot is located Mr. Paul, I don't see one but don t know where to look. Duh.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
The slot I am referring to - is in the first picture posted by LaHotrods - the lower clutch rod connects to the end of the clutch fork with pin or it can connect to the clutch sliding into the slot in the fork and using a pin ( the 409 fork does not have a slot)
Paul

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
The clutch rod fits like this lower threaded rod in the slotted clutch fork, allowing more clutch adjustment.
These pictures are from my 62 SS 409 Hardtop with Walker 2 inch headers and Quick Time Scattershield.

This threaded 59-61 style threaded lower rod will not fit a 409 clutch fork since it does not have this slot.
Paul

IMG_0080-003.JPG IMG_0082-003.JPG