'59 Chevy paint colors?

'59Imp

Well Known Member
Hi all,
I'm a bit stuck here. Like usual. LOL. Ok, anyhow, this concerns like what paint colors, or the paint options, was offered on '59 Chevy's. I'm pretty sure the same paint was used on all '59 Chevys? So I found out the color on my car was in fact originally Gothic Gold. I looked it up here, its 920A, as the tag says near the firewall. Like I looked it up here: http://www.348-409.com/paint59.html
So that is only 1 part of the puzzle. This is where I got stuck. My car is 2 tone, or maybe even 3 tone (I'll get to that), originally. So I got the Gothic Gold part covered.
But there is also a white stripe and white top, that I have no idea what exact color it is.
And this is where my car is 3 tone. The interior paint color (copper-ish brown type color) is different from the exterior color, of Gothic Gold. The interior color is a much darker shade.
And all paint looks to be original, so what I am trying to find out is like what color options/combinations were available for the '59 Chevys? I hope someone can help me out here... :)
Here is what I am talking about...
Here is the exterior color, both the gold and white, after I cleaned her up and after I did color restorer and wax on the paint to try to bring out the color well and being in the sunshine as well so hopefully you can get a good idea of what the color looks like. DSCN0905.JPG

And here is the interior paint color, that I have no idea what exact color name it is. I did the same thing to this paint, as I did to the exterior, of color restorer and wax.
DSCN0999.JPG

'59Imp

Well Known Member
Highly suggest you download the Vehicle Information Kit for 1959 at:
https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits.html
Click SHOW after Chevrolets (All models not listed below) and select 1959.
I posted the paint charts from the kit. There is tons of information you might find useful.

Thank you very much. So I found out my car is originally Gothic Gold (knew that). But what I found out that I didn't know was the white is Satin Beige. The interior paint is Medium Copper.
But I still got a few questions though...
I looked up the Satin Beige (that's what I thought it was too for the white). Looked it up here: http://www.348-409.com/images/1959paint1.jpg '59 Chevy paint chip sample chart. So I see the Satin Beige, and then the Snowcrest White, and I am comparing the 2 with whats on my car. And from how I see it, the Satin Beige is way too beige-ey in color. The paint that is on my car looks to be more of the Snowcrest White than the Satin Beige. So could the buyer custom order the car from the factory? Like say, if the buyer didn't like the Satin Beige, and liked the Snowcrest White instead, could they order the Gothic Gold car with Snowcrest White instead of Satin Beige?
Like you can see the white top of my car in the 1st photo above. Does that look Satin Beige or Snowcrest White to you?

1961 Bubble Boy

Well Known Member
If you download the Vehicle information kit the puzzle becomes even more complex. I neglected to include the page before the series I posted which showed the factory 2 tone patterns. Looking at those, your paint does not seem factory. It shows the roof and the decklid to be the same color.
I suggest you download the whole file and look at the paint section and the color charts and see if you can make sense of your car's paint pattern. I can't.
On the paint chips, while the two colors look like shades of cream, the gothic gold chip does not look at all like your car. Also the white of the page looks cream so I would not read too much into the aged chips.

Last edited:

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I would say you have Gothic gold with the satin beige :think I did my 59 Wagon in the same colors and have some paints left over, all though the interior color I had made was not quit that dark