'59 el camino gets a new lease on life...

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
well, you guys have never steered me wrong or sent me on a snipe hunt so I'll go with the recommendations of you guys and try metal to metal...just don't seem right but I've got a lot to learn with the W motor...tthanks for the education phil...

Sounds like there might be some hurt feelings here someone needs to offer to take Rob on a Snipe hunt, how about it Phil?

Mark

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
much appreciated mark but while in the boy scouts I was schooled on snipe hunts...best one I ever went on was in a scout reservation called philmont, cimmaron new mexico...those were the days...

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
When my big city Cousins would come out to our farm during summer vacation we use screw with them like Snipe hunts and suckering my one Cousin to wizz on the electric fence that was always good for a laugh.:D

Mark

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
so now that I have the elky dialed in and running properly I've discovered another issue...if I bring it up to 3000rpm and punch it I get crazy wheel hop...this motor has a mean streak from 3000-6200rpm and just slams the rear end up and down...nice to have the torque, now to harness it...without going to a 4 link and a 9" rear end what do you guys use to harness the back end on these x frame cars...

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Do you have the 4th upper bar. Also check to make sure all the bushings are good. I put the energy suspension ones in mine. If they are soft you will have a hard time controlling the pinion wrap(angle). As far as shocks I just use Monroe Senso-matics. Nothing special. I’m also using stock moog rear springs but new(couple 3 years old now). I think I’ve got the driveline angle at 3.5-4 degrees. Pinion angle is set with the shims at the front of the top bars. Hope that kinda helps and makes sense. Some guys are using the QA1 adjustable shocks at the track and the street.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'm going to go all goofy and suggest you keep the rpms down around 2800. That or get a 5 foot ladder bar torque arm for some old school fun.