'59 el camino gets a new lease on life...

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I have to say you have a lot of spunk for all you have been through.You have man's best friend too !!!!:appl

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
my spunk wears out after about 3 hours of busting ass...then I have to hit the ice pack and heating pad for a half hour and I'm good to go for a few hours...I just had to learn what my body was able to give me...
no pcv valve on this motor, whoda thunk...fresh air intake...good old jack

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
sure does, I called jack to see what the heck that was...it has a periscope looking hose that attaches to the air cleaner...it's purpose is to flow air thru the engine...got all my pulleys lined up so I bought 8 belts and am keeping 1...the p/s belt is way smaller that I thought...heater lines are in as more electrical connections...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
yeah, I'm pretty sure that's why he supplied the parts for it...I'm following jacks lead on what I do to the motor...seems I won't crank it prior to bugging out for the summer...time has not been in my favor, damn busy for a broke old man...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
well, looks like the elky is gonna stay up on jack stands for the summer...dutch and I are bugging out for the summer...got my 'glide on the trailer and the kayak strapped down...I've enjoyed the banter and the help I've gotten so unless someone knows where I hid the body I'm looking forward to coming back to this joint in september...y'all enjoy the summer and slay 'em up in kentucky...