'59 el camino gets a new lease on life...

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Or look up one of the smooth designs by like Detroit speed I think race line has a smooth look also ........just my opinion.......I also think I like the idea of 17s and 18s

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I like the two tone wheels, who makes them...they have that old mag look...took a few pics of the elky today, not much different than before...I can't believe I didn't give the 340 hp exhaust manifolds any thought with the bigger engine...I'm gonna pull the trigger and spring for the 926 manifold set...gotta find an idler pulley set up for the alternator belt, it's pretty long...

Attachments

• IMG_0692.JPG
    IMG_0692.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0693.JPG
    IMG_0693.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0694.JPG
    IMG_0694.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 51

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Here is the same Allan Grove alternator brackets on your 59 on my 62 SS 409 Hardtop.
500 HP on the dyno -the alernator belts are not too long . Engine has been over 7000 RPM (not anymore with my rev limiter) and zero problems with the belts (as long as they are tight).
I don't think you need a Idler pulley. The alternator belts with a Allan Grove bracket that I have on 2 -409 motors will work like these pictures
Paul
DSCN4759.JPGP1000277.JPG

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
good idea about keeping a spare in the car dave...I've been making calls and beating the bushes and was fortunate enough to find a pair of original 925/926 exhaust manifolds for a very fair price...2 broken studs concerned me but the seller offered to have a machine shop resolve the issue at no charge...very fair pricing, no more that a set of repops...there still are a handful of good guys out there...looks like it's gonna be a while until I get these parts on, gotta have them coated prior to installation...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
my search has taken me all over the place looking for parts for the 62 I bought a few months ago...seems I have a solid lead on a 409 motor after finding the exhaust manifolds...and here I thought big block mark IV parts were pricey...I'll post pics if and when I have the parts in hand...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I know how we like pics so I figured I'd mix it up a bit and show you guys a few tractors I've had stored for a decade since my life turned around, I'm back on my feet so to speak so I hauled out my farmalls to clean up and sell so I'd have room for my tool crib in my soon to be new shop...a mans gotta have room for his tools, welder, plasma torch, and a few work benches...a big screen will be in the mix soon, after the ac unit is installed...this one is a super W-6 model, 1953 model...it will move small buildings...IMG_0704.JPGIMG_0706.JPG

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My brother had a wd6 McCormick that he got given to him. Most of the old diesel engine was missing so we got a gas engine from a piece of stationary construction equipment and installed it. It also had a aftermarket hi/low installed in the transmission too that no one seemed to know the maker of but it made that thing move in 5th gear it would do 25mph!

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
the UPS guy showed up today with a box of 925/926 exhaust manifolds for the elky...my brother in Kentucky just happened to have a buddy that had the parts but no motor...he was persuaded to sell 'em at a very fair price...got 'em over to the powder coating guy to blast and apply ceramic coatings on them...it seems like forever but it's slowly coming together...