'59 el camino gets a new lease on life...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
can anyone help me with exhaust manifold gaskets for the 925/926...I know they can be used without them but I'm a little anal and prefer to have them on my car...summit sent the wrong ones as the center ports on my motor manifolds are .25 inches taller than what was shipped...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
you must have missed the part of me being anal there phil...I agree you're correct but I would feel better having them...too many years using Gen. IV motors I guess...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
well, you guys have never steered me wrong or sent me on a snipe hunt so I'll go with the recommendations of you guys and try metal to metal...just don't seem right but I've got a lot to learn with the W motor...tthanks for the education phil...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
really, I assume they enter into the water jacket...I'm assuming the headbolts have the same issue...I'm planning on using studs but no matter, thread sealant is manditory I guess...

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I had water in my passenger side rear exhaust manifold bolts, as well as the 4 long lower center exhaust manifold bolts.
The motor is an all original 8068 409 car block bored 0.30 over completely rebuilt with all original rebuilt 690 1962 409 heads.
The heads and motor have 17 miles on them and water dripped out the rear passenger side exhaust bolts - they stopped leaking after applying sealant to them.....:doh
Paul