'59 el camino gets a new lease on life...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Gav, I'm so sorry, we both know what dogs do for our souls and lives, I just can't imagine not having dutch around...keep him in your heart my friend, I'm sure he misses you as much as you miss him...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
well, it don't look like much but this is the last day these parts spend apart...tranny has been washed as are all the other under chassis parts, engine is ready to install and the sheet metal and wiring are done...it's nice to have jack gibbs in my pocket when I have questions...he's always happy to help resolve any issues I may find...those grade 8 bolts are for the engine cradle...that hurst comp plus shifter shifts like buttah...IMG_0388.JPGIMG_0389.JPGIMG_0391.JPG

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
to be honest I've not paid them much attention...they were on the car from the git go, I just blasted and painted them...I'll check tomorrow...they worked well but then again, big difference in power now...my buddy is an awesome guy, everyone needs a friend like him...most of mine have either died or move away...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
it's been a few years since I tore down and re assembled a car...I forgot how much more work it is to hook all the gear up once the motor is installed...today I strip all the accessories, repaint them, and when dry install 'em...the power steering pump and tank is off of a 69 camaro and is critically close to the 605 gear box...gonna take a bit of imagination to refit it...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I commissioned an oil painting of dutch 4 months ago...I got it today...he's a picture of my old man...he's always within feet of me...today he spent the day watching me cuss at the elky, the little stuff is always the most difficult...waiting for my back to become a bit more tollerable...IMG_0394.JPG

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
thanks phil, she did a fine job on the look and the details...I'm seriously considering getting a female which will be born in 2 months for dutch as a mate and a friend to play with...I need to have another dog like dutch to bring me into the "golden" years...