'59 el camino gets a new lease on life...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
he is a true alsatian german shepherd...dad was from greece and mom from norway...both mom and dad hold 15 world titles in different disciplines...dutch will be 6 years old on he 14th of april...he's not digging the leash for a months, it's been 2 days since surgery and he's would up and raring to go...he's the most powerful K-9 I've had, he broke a mans are while doing bite work...he's a mellow dog until commanded to be otherwise...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
correction on the valve train for the build Intake 2.20 and 1.75 on the exhaust opened up the seats installed 7/16 screw in studs and matched ported intake. Nice up grade

at least jack is paying attention, that's why he's building the motor instead of me;)...at this point in my live I can't pick up a cylinder head without tearing my back up...:zombie

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
he is a true alsatian german shepherd...dad was from greece and mom from norway...both mom and dad hold 15 world titles in different disciplines...dutch will be 6 years old on he 14th of april...he's not digging the leash for a months, it's been 2 days since surgery and he's would up and raring to go...he's the most powerful K-9 I've had, he broke a mans are while doing bite work...he's a mellow dog until commanded to be otherwise...
then he is a true working Dog. jim

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
yes jim, he's received over 600 hours of military training...he's quite the special creature, I've had 11 prior K-9 dogs and this is the one, never seen such a strong bite from a shepherd and such strength...his demeanor is such that he qualifies as a service dog due to his skills and is never away from my side...I tethered him to my napa 3 ton floor jack while working on the elky today...he's happy to be home...by the way, my name is rob, sorry for not mentioning that before...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
well, my motor is on it's way and the old one is still in the frame...6 bolts and a few wires and it's out...next job is to strip the firewall, inner fenders, and the radiator support and refinish them...new wiring harness should prove to be a wise idea...gotta get hoppin on this build...my dog dutch refuses to take his antibiotics so I had the vet sell me 3 ml. of some exotic drug that cost me 300 bucks for the one injection...and I had to administer it to him...for that kind of coin they should have waxed my truck :grumble

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
You would think for that price they would sent a cute intern to give the shot. :D
Hope your engine compartment hasn't been to, to many body shop repaints. That can be a harder task than assembling an engine.

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Engine coming along nicely by the looks of things Rob and you'll be anxious to get it in once you get it home.
Look forward to seeing it in.

You Certainly have a really nice looking Shepard there and I can vouch for how great a companion they are as the boy i have Khan, is now 14 and really starting to slow up now and is on arthritis meds to help him get around.

IMG_1224.jpg

Gav

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
your blessed to have khan for 14 years, most of mine passed at 12...I work 'em preyy hard and expect much from them...I hope to pull the engine this week, all components have been stripped, the power booster is always a ball to remove...unfortunately the last paint the inner fenders say was with a brush, yeah, wft was that guy thinking...drivers fender liner has a nasty dent in it so after stripping it's hammer and dolly time...normally I'd remove the body and do it right but this car is for driving so it will be sweet where it needs to be sweet...undercoating on the bottom stays...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
after replacing my leaking ram for my hoist with a new leaking model I returned it and realized my hydraulic fluid was gone from my ram...doh...finally got the motor out with a minimum of blood, cursing, and praying...it's the correct date both heads and block for a 59...got a call that my motor jack built is in and ready for pick up tomorrow night...here's a few pics of todays work...

Attachments

• IMG_0299.JPG
    IMG_0299.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0304.JPG
    IMG_0304.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0301.JPG
    IMG_0301.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0302.JPG
    IMG_0302.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0303.JPG
    IMG_0303.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 30

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
a few weeks ago I saw a post here that showed an aluminum adapter that fits between the intake and the thermostat housing...it has 2 threaded bungs for temp sending units...does anyone recall what post it was in or if anyone has the stock number I sure would appreciate the help...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
thanks LA, appreciate the help...finally uncrated the motor and the half dozen boxes jack packed containing coil, exhaust manifolds and a bible on what's in the motor...took most of the day to go get it and then get it on a stand...sure is difficult when you're a one man army...IMG_0315.JPGIMG_0316.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0314.JPG
    IMG_0314.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 9