59 El Camino Rear Trim - Reused on other models?

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I was wondering if the rear quarter panel trim on a 59 El Camino was the same trim on any other 59 models.
Part of me doubts they are the same is since the El Camino pieces are about eight and a half feet long and tapers to a point at the end.
With a hole in one and a crunched tip on the other, they might be restorable. However, if it's cheaper to buy something in better condition, I want to make sure I don't buy the wrong part.

Thanks!

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
They are based on the 2 door wagon body, that would be the only possible match I would guess. I assume they are as rare as the 59 El Camino. If the wagon had the same doors, the trim should be the same.

threeimpalas

Supporting Member 1
2-Door Wagon, El Camino, and Sedan Delivery only for the fin side trim. The fin end trim could also be from a 4-door wagon. The sedan, coupe, and convertible trim is different all the way around the fins.

Good luck. It will be tough to find.

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I think I did join the page (or one very similar) but I haven't posted the question there yet.
I should do that this weekend.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Check with Dennis Ebert. I had 2 complete sets of 59 El Camino moldings that Dennis bought last year. He reanodizes aluminum and polishes stainless.
715-325-3200 Wisconsin

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Try JENS who post here and on ChevyTalk, he may have some trim. Send him a PM on both sites and maybe a wanted ad on the 59 forum on ChevyTalk as well.

Don