59 El Camino.......

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
while I admire the crazy skills it takes and investment one make when doing a car like this it's too flashy for me...I like my cars to look simple...some guys like big booties, I don't...:dunno2

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
On the '59 El Camino's, I've heard not to dump the exhaust in front of the rear wheels. The exhaust noise in the cab is too much.
Does anyone have experience with this setup on a '59?

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I did exactly this, way noisier in the cab. Had duals out the back with resonaters, no mufflers, out the sides with mufflers was way
Noisier.

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hmm, I was thinking of doing the same thing, dumping in front of the rear tires so I can gain space for larger tires...glad I read this first...I may see if flattened ovals will work tying them into 2.5" exhaust...

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
2,5” will fit with a bigger tire. I have i think 275/50-15 on the 62. I can double check if need too. Others have run the same tire with not rubbing also.

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
that's what I was gonna try fitting under there...I've thought of 295's but that I know wouldn't make it past the pipes...what kind of clearance do you have between the pipe and the inner fender scott, do you recall...thanks, rob