59 is done!

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yes, the 59 nomad is done, completed, finished, warranted, registered, certified (aren't we all:crazy) and on the road.:dance. For now this is as far as it goes as it will be used as my go to car for parts and towing and one day the rest of it may get finished off. The roof, dash and steering column are all painted though that's part of the paint work finished.
It is a bit of a rigmarole to get a an imported vehicle on the road here in NZ (as well as any scratch built hobby cars).
If you make any modifications to it altering it from it's orginal form, which includes the likes of adding disc brakes and booster or putting seat belts in with new anchor points we have to have these inspected passed and then have a plate riveted to the firewall noting these mods.:bang. but they are our laws and we can't get away from them and if we don't follow these then we can't legally drive the car on the road.
Even later on if I wanted to change out the 283 and chuck a real motor (348 :love) in, then in theory this too would need to be inspected and passed as well.

A few pic's added including cert plate.

So time for a weeee breather now and then it's in to the 58 pickup.
Cheers
Gav:cheers

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 14
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    28 KB · Views: 13
  • photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 15
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 15
  • photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 14
  • photo (8).JPG
    photo (8).JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 16
  • photo (9).JPG
    photo (9).JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 15
  • photo (6).JPG
    photo (6).JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 12

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Geez, you might as well get an airplane and deal with the FAA.:bang

I recently bought a 68 El Camino and even though this car was driven on the street by the previous owner it was nothing but a hazard!!!!!!!! I have worked on it when I had time for a few weeks and it is just now getting where it would be safe and reliable. Some kind of inspection might not be a bad idea.

Bill

409fanatic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I did not know that they made a 59 Nomad nor 58. Been kept in the dark too long. How many years did they make them then? Neat ole cars to say the least.

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I recently bought a 68 El Camino and even though this car was driven on the street by the previous owner it was nothing but a hazard!!!!!!!! I have worked on it when I had time for a few weeks and it is just now getting where it would be safe and reliable. Some kind of inspection might not be a bad idea.

Bill
hey Bill,
Yeah i guess at least with the inspection services we have in place that we are pretty confindent in the quality of the vehicle if it has a current warrant of fitness, which by the way has to have one of these checks every six months. Then if the car doesn't pass a warrant and the rego runs out then we cant renew that until the car gets a warrant.:rollA real challange at times.
Gav