59 Street Machine

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Just got the new Summit catalog yesterday. Usually throw them away but for some reason thought I'd open this one up!!

The center-fold is a 59 Belair, 348 3x2s, that has been totally customized!! Beautiful car!!:clap :clap :bow :bow Owner is Steve Hallas of North Jackson, Ohio!! GREAT JOB!!:clap :clap :bow

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
great 59

I saw that yesterday also Phill, one very cool 59:cool:

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
oops!!

Forgot to add the pictures!! Oh well...just another Senior moment!!:roll :roll

Attachments

• 59streetmachine1.jpg
    59streetmachine1.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 59streetmachine2.jpg
    59streetmachine2.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 113

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Breathers

Phil, those air breathers are really neat looking! Anyone know where to find them at a good price?

Love those multiple carb setups :).

TomK

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
W-a-v-y

The 348 looks beautiful, but the 59 looks like its waving. :roll :roll :roll

uncleo

Well Known Member
Hey Guys-Greetings from Long Branch,N.J.,Americas first seashore resort where its 18 degrees and going down with patches of ice on the street but summer is on the way.
When I first saw Phils post I said to myself ''a picture would be nice''....Then Phil came through....Thanks Phil....NICE CAR.
I do the overnight on Jersey shore radio and the waving car comment gave me a good HA....HA.
This site is GREAT!
LEE

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
uncleo:
Are you one of the "jersey boys" we occasionally are able to get down here?? If you are then..:bow :bow :bow
Robert

way2lo2

Yeah, Is that the body work or just Phils scan...:roll :roll :roll :roll :roll

I can assure you its not the bodywork, hats off to Carl Beckett in Salem Ohio who's shop did the paint work on this car. The owner of the car recently sold it to start another project. The car was finished in 2004 and saw quite a bit of use. Steve, the owner never hesitated to drive the car anywhere. When the original 348 that was in the car when first finished started using oil, Steve bought a crate small block and drove it with that engine until another 348 was built up and reinstalled. I still remember him complaining about the car when it had the small block and couldn't wait to put the wobblehead back in.
Boris

tcornett

If I am not mistaken , the car is now up on e-bay for sale. I know that the original owner sold it last summer.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
don't balme me!!!!!!!!

I don't have a scanner!! I have to take a picture of the page and the PAGE was wavy!!!!!!!!!! Not the bodywork or paint!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But then you knew that!!!!:roll :roll :roll

uncleo

Well Known Member
rstreet- working overnight and even though its not that far away I don't get down to your area often but some of my buddies do....hope to take some time off and get down there for some sunday events this summer.
By the way the 13th Annual Fathers Day Cruise to the Jersey Shore car show at the boardwalk in Long Branch (an event I started) is scheduled for Sunday June 17th....if you want to take a ride up the Parkway to exit 105.
LEE

uncleo

Well Known Member
rstreet.-Tight schedule keeps me from getting down your way too often but some of my buddies do-plan to make some time available for some Sunday runs to your area this summer.
If your're planning to come up this way this summer our 13th Annual Fathers Day Cruise to the Jersey Shore car show on the Long Branch oceanfront(an event started by me) is scheduled for Sunday June 17.....Parkway exit 105....let me know and I'll give you further info.
LEE