59ImpalaUK coming into the forum

59ImpalaUK

Good afternoon from a sunny England, yes I'm in the UK as my user name suggests. I have owned various American cars for 40 years now starting with a RHD 1959 Impala Sport Sedan. For the past 27 years I have owned my current 59 which I imported back in February 1989. Prior to that I had a 61 Impala bubbletop with a 250hp 348 & Turboglide. The 59 seems to be part of me now! It's a 348 car, 3x2, four speed, posi, discs up front, Sun tach, sway bars, KYB shocks so it drives quite nicely.

Attachments

• IMG_1012.JPG
    IMG_1012.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1005.JPG
    IMG_1005.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1011.JPG
    IMG_1011.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1014.JPG
    IMG_1014.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 87

55Brodie

Well Known Member
That is one fine 59. Being you are in the UK, the ownership difficulty factor must be off the chart! Is that an Anglia in the bubble?

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
:love:appl:applNice 59!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• appl[1].gif
    appl[1].gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 0
  • appl[1].gif
    appl[1].gif
  • appl[1].gif
    appl[1].gif
  • love[1].gif
    love[1].gif
    379 bytes · Views: 0

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome to the site!!! The way the 59 is equipped it would be a fun car to drive..... Nice ......."

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Welcome aboard!

Back in the day I used to collect British cars, mainly Morris Minors and Austin Healeys and an occasional Triumph (and a Norton Commando!).

Now I focus on Xframe cars. Nice 59, that must be a fun driver :).

What part of the UK are you in?

Cheers!
TomK

59ImpalaUK

How bad of me not to have replied to the nice welcome from you all. I do apologise! Yes that is my Ford Anglia 105E in the bubble, I love my little car as well as my rather larger one. The Anglia is the oldest known here and is an original survivor, no repaints, rust repairs etc. 32k on the clock and I am the third owner since it was registered on 7th October 1959. WP_20160906_003.jpg IMG_1045.JPG

59ImpalaUK

Welcome aboard!

Back in the day I used to collect British cars, mainly Morris Minors and Austin Healeys and an occasional Triumph (and a Norton Commando!).

Now I focus on Xframe cars. Nice 59, that must be a fun driver :).

What part of the UK are you in?

Cheers!
TomK

Hi Tom,

Thanks, the 59 is great fun and is a head turner. I live in Lincolnshire, I moved here just over two years ago from Kent in the south east. I am originally from London.

Paul

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Paul:

When I was in London circa 2004 I visited The Morris Centre (at least I think that's what it was called) and saw their cache of vehicles under repair. Fun times!

Welcome back!

TomK