6 Percent of Americans don't believe we landed on the moon.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Watched the show last night on discovery about Apollo .......Conspiracy theorist say there’s missing two minutes of conversation of Armstrong talking to Houston they say he made comments that “they are watching us”.....they being extraterrestrials .......were there on the moon watching us as we landed :crazy

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I had the great opportunity to spend quite a bit of time with Astronaut Gene Cernan. Dinners, lunches, functions, etc.

The last man to walk on the moon.

One time I asked him if he believed there was life on other planets.
He told me he had been asked that question many times.

He said while standing on the moon looking a complete 360 degrees he witnessed the darkest dark almost incomprehensible!

He said he then turned and saw the planet earth in the distance, beautiful, hanging suspended surrounded by the darkest black.

He said this planet did not happen by accident, truly the hand of God at work.

Finally, he said he could not say that the same God that put our earth here did not do something similar elsewhere in a solar system.

He told me he wished everyone could have experienced what he did and you would be ever more convinced of God and the universe.
(All paraphrased, not exact words)

Thanks for listening.

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Is this the same guy who hounded Neil Armstrong and got a beat down from Mr. Armstrong? I remember watching a video of it. Then the guy takes Neil to court for assault and loses the case, even though Neil threw the only punches.

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Don’t remember that. Anything is possible. He always spoke highly of Neil.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
My grandfather lived quite a few years after the moonwalk. Was an interesting person; was hijacked from the port of Baltimore as a young teenager to crew a ship to the orient. After returning was with Roosevelt’s rough riders and slightly wounded. Would not accept payment of services in anything but silver dollars. He was a big fan of JFK but for some reason went to his grave believing the moon landing was a commie conspiracy aided by the enabling press!
Robert

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Yes he was and very principled! In his youth ran away from home to sail schooners and steam freighters. Was a real woodsman and horseman. But could walk up to the Governor to “give advice” as I have photos of a couple of those spontaneous events. Received accommodations from the Army but never spoke about those events or his days of living on the docks of Baltimore. Was always proud of his sons military service in WWII.
Owned a 53 Ford pickup!
Robert