60-63 Chev trim wanted

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just thought I would throw this out. I am looking for the belt trim for 60-63 chev pickup. This is the trim that goes around the back of the cab from the custom moldings behind the doors and is the break for two-tone paint. This was not used on 64-66 chev pickups and may have only been used on 1960...:dunno

Attachments

• custom&belttrim.jpg
    custom&belttrim.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 85
  • custom&belttrim1.jpg
    custom&belttrim1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 96
  • custom&belttrim2.jpg
    custom&belttrim2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 106

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I frequent a salvage yard that has LOTS and LOTS of chevy trucks! I think'k I've even seen some 60-63s out there. Not sure when I'll get out there next as it is pretty cold here. I will take a look the next time I am there. Is this only on light duty trucks?
Ross

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ross, Yes this is only on the light duty trucks. The belt trim is what I am really after. Thanks for your help. Dan

OldTruckNut

Well Known Member
Dan, That's a beautiful old truck, and I'm very jealous by the way. Just curious, I see you have a 63' listed, is it the same truck? Because the hood and the trim on that truck looks like a 60'. Just wondering.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
;89470 said:
Dan, That's a beautiful old truck, and I'm very jealous by the way. Just curious, I see you have a 63' listed, is it the same truck? Because the hood and the trim on that truck looks like a 60'. Just wondering.

OldTruckNut, You are correct that is a 1960 and is not my truck. I was just using it to show the belt trim I am trying to locate. I turned down a set at a swap meet last year thinking a friend had some he wasn't going to use. Well you guessed it he decided to use it...:doh Just a reminder...Even if you don't think you need it and it is hard to find BUY IT...:deal

OldTruckNut

Well Known Member
Oh, I see. That is a pretty truck, though. Most people prefer the big back window, or panoramic window as it was called, but I like the small window. Just makes an old truck look old I guess. The best I can tell, the belt trim was only used in 60 and 61 along with the same side trim as that 60. In 62 they went to the same trim design as the 64-66 models, and it looks like they dropped the belt trim. Hope you can find one. I'll try to look through some of my old parts catalogs to see if they show any.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Oh, I see. That is a pretty truck, though. Most people prefer the big back window, or panoramic window as it was called, but I like the small window. Just makes an old truck look old I guess. The best I can tell, the belt trim was only used in 60 and 61 along with the same side trim as that 60. In 62 they went to the same trim design as the 64-66 models, and it looks like they dropped the belt trim. Hope you can find one. I'll try to look through some of my old parts catalogs to see if they show any.

OldTruckNut, I thought they used the same stainless steel custom moldings on the 60-63 trucks and used the belt trim though 62. I have a friend that has a 62 with the belt trim. Then in 64' they went to the anodized aluminum moldings. I know the belt trim did not come on the 63's but I am going to use it anyway as my truck is two tone.