'60 Chevrolet Impala HT

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I think you did a wonderful job. The car looks great! I see that your front and rear bumpers are tilted up slightly on the ends, this is an easy adjustment. The bumpers should be level with the rest of the body lines. I had to do this on my 60 also. Hope I'm no being to picky?

Impala60

Well Known Member
Thanks so much Everyone!

It feels great to be able to cruise around with it after doing hard work with it during the whole winter. It runs and drives pretty nicely and sure gets some looks from other people.

Tomorrow there's a local Cruising Night so I can't wait to get there first time ever with this. Or this car has been there years ago, but this will be the first time when I can drive it there. I've been on Cruising Nights before with my daily driver ('87 Chevy Van), but of course it's a different thing to go there with this.;)

Fathead Racing: Big Thanks for that note - I guess I would have never seen that if you didn't say it. I will have to fix that at some point for sure. Thanks for bringing it up :)!

Edit: Here are a couple of sunny pics.

DSCN4457.JPG

DSCN4458.JPG

DSCN4459.JPG

Last edited:

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Top Job :appl. What you have accomplished here you should be extremely proud of yourself and I'm sure that you are already thoroughly enjoying driving it around and showing it off. congrats.

Gav

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I didn't notice it on my 60 for awhile, kinda like looking at a really pretty girl with her nose just a bit outta joint. You can't quite figure out why she would be dating you until your buddy points it out. Lines of the whole car will look better when you get the bumpers even. Then your buddy will be jealous your girl looks better than his. Of course she.ll probably leave after you get her nose fixed cause now your not good enough for her, bitch. :bawl

Last edited:

Impala60

Well Known Member
Thanks for the kind words! They're appreciated!
Top Job :appl. What you have accomplished here you should be extremely proud of yourself and I'm sure that you are already thoroughly enjoying driving it around and showing it off. congrats.

Gav

Yep I'm proud to see it on the road especially as I know that I have built it during the winter. Building process was fun, but driving around is as good as it gets!

I didn't notice it on my 60 for awhile, kinda like looking at a really pretty girl with her nose just a bit outta joint. You can't quite figure out why she would be dating you until your buddy points it out. Lines of the whole car will look better when you get the bumpers even. Then your buddy will be jealous your girl looks better than his. Of course she.ll probably leave after you get her nose fixed cause now your not good enough for her, bitch. :bawl

Heh, that's funny right there! :roll Seriously speaking, I bet it looks a lot better with the bumpers adjusted. Gotta do that sometime.

IMPALA 60 , Hope you don"t have a girl friend with a nose Out of joint!!!:roll:roll

Oh boy you guys are funny! :laugh2 Don't worry about that though - no girlfriends here...:yawn

The Cruise Night went well. Even if it was raining during the day, the weather got better during the evening and night. I saw this Chevy getting some attention and it felt good to see that other people might have liked about the look as well. Here's one cool picture that a friend of mine took: http://ata1.kuvat.fi/kuvat/2015/Vantaa+Cruise-in+17.4.2015/IMG_5095.JPG

Here are a few pictures by me:

DSCN4482.JPG

DSCN4613.JPG

DSCN4616.JPG

There were some good friends on the Cruising Night, so it was pretty late when I left and there were very little cars anymore. I went to a big gas station to see if some of my friends were hanging out there. Well, they weren't but the place was absolutely full of tuning cars / ricers. It was fun to see those guys looking at me in my Impala as I drove by and left immediately. They looked like they're thinking about "What the ....... is that guy doing in here?" :D

And today when I was just driving around, a couple of old ladies (About 70 years old I guess) were looking when I was about to turn to their direction from an intersection. When I drove by them, both of them were showing me thumbs up.:) That got me in a good mood as it looked like it really made their day seeing a car like this.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Oh boy you guys are funny! :laugh2 Don't worry about that though - no girlfriends here...:yawn

And today when I was just driving around, a couple of old ladies (About 70 years old I guess) were looking when I was about to turn to their direction from an intersection. When I drove by them, both of them were showing me thumbs up.:) That got me in a good mood as it looked like it really made their day seeing a car like this.

Well there are a couple solutions to one problem. :poke :taunt :D

Seriously though......car looks great. Not having a girlfriend was definitely a contributing factor to you getting the car fixed over the winter instead of it dragging out for years. You'll have time for all that stuff later.

Impala60

Well Known Member
:roll That gave me a good laugh!:haha

Yep I agree and I'm very happy that I was able to do most of the work I had planned during the winter and now I can concentrate on cruising around. I think it's the best time I've had for a while when I'm behind the wheel of this car.

Impala60

Well Known Member
Thank You, I appreciate it. :)

Today the weather was good for washing and waxing the car. After that the paint job looks much better now as it looks a bit shinier than it did before. Probably my neighbors were watching what the heck he is doing as it took a lot of time to wash, dry and wax that car completely.:D Well, luckily they understand that we're into these oldies.

Impala60

Well Known Member
Thanks! It makes this hobby much easier when people around me understand what I'm doing and that I have a true passion in it. :bow

Today I visited in other Cruising event... Much smaller than the first one, but still a lot of fun especially when there were a few friends too. I haven't taken pics of the car after waxing other than this one I took today.

DSCN4656.JPG

Tomorrow I'm going to go to 'Hot Rod & Rock Show' with this. There is also a Cruising Night after that show has ended and after the Cruising it's time for an evening party with four excellent Rockabilly bands (Rockhouse Strutters, The Greasers, The Troubled Three and Batmobile). :elvis

I can't wait for that and hopefully everything goes alright (Which means that the car will work). It's not very close to where I live so I hope there will be no surprises...

Impala60

Well Known Member
Thanks Guys!

It was a lot of fun in Hot Rod & Rock Show, Cruising Night and Evening Party. The car worked really nicely during the whole trip. The most I was afraid of finding a good parking place when going to the party, but luckily there was a small parking lot on the other side of the party building and I parked my car next to a metal flake copper '59 Impala and an early '50s Caddy Hearse.
On my way home it was very dark and raining. I noticed that my headlights could be a bit brighter for sure...:D But when I was getting closer to my home, it wasn't dark anymore since it was about 6 AM on Sunday.

Here are two pics from Hot Rod & Rock Show parking lot. I found a perfect place to park this thing:

DSCN4963.JPG

DSCN4967.JPG

Here's a video that I made. It includes a couple of video clips of the car, pics from the show and Cruising and short video clips from the party as well. Music on the picture-bits is by a Finnish band "The Greasers". Those songs were recorded live at the party with my cell phone.

I got a couple of fun comments of the car as well...

The first guy with a cowboy hat and a leather jacket came to me asking "This is a '59 Chevy, right?". I told him that it's actually a '60. He said he always mixes these two year models...:) He liked how the car looked & shot a couple of pics of it.

The second guy said this when I left from the grill where I was eating: "And there the Muscle Car leaves...So fast that I couldn't take a picture on it!":D The guy sat on stairs next to the place my car was parked for 15 minutes while I was still eating...

The third guy was the funniest. It was just after parking this to the Evening Party place. He was a bit drunk but still he was a nice and friendly fella who started by asking "Can I look at your car". I said sure. He walked around the car a couple of times while I was organizing some of my tools in the trunk. Then he asked about the engine so I opened the hood for a second telling him it's just the dirty original 283. He said "These are very cool...Back then they knew how to build these very simple engines that make insane amount of horsepower!".:D I was just nodding yep and trying not to laugh while watching the 170 HP powerplant... Then he told me how his friend's '66 Bel Air with 327 SBC ran at least 180 MPH on the highway. :rub:haha But yep, he was a nice and friendly guy who was happy to see young folks in this hobby (I was there with my friend who also likes these oldies).

I bought a new intake manifold for this, too. It's an original cast iron intake from 1967 327 SBC. Now I can fit a Rochester Quadrajet on it and install it under the hood when I get a set of nozzles for that carb. New cylinder heads are on my list too...

Last edited: