60 foot time

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Is that 0.500? We run .400 full tree and .400 pro. I'm trying to keep the front tire in the beam longer and first movement to be forward, popping up out of the beam has been an issue for me in the past. Only so much you can do with a stock chassis. Taller front runner maybe:rub

Last edited:

RussC

Well Known Member
Yes...wish I had one. I bumped the limiter in the 1-2 gear change. The front end came down as I pulled second and the front end came sharply up. The pass was spoiled so I aborted the run. I have executed the second gear change in the air. The car carries the front wheels all the way to third gear.

We were at St Louis with two goals. First to pickup a couple of grading points. Second to find the clutch tune. We were successful at both. It did turn out that we were low qualifer among the Super Stock cars...a little over a second under the index...that pass before we had the clutch dialed in...8.55 @ 158 mph. There is definitely an 8.40 in the car...now it is up to the driver

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Yes...wish I had one. I bumped the limiter in the 1-2 gear change. The front end came down as I pulled second and the front end came sharply up. The pass was spoiled so I aborted the run. I have executed the second gear change in the air. The car carries the front wheels all the way to third gear.

We were at St Louis with two goals. First to pickup a couple of grading points. Second to find the clutch tune. We were successful at both. It did turn out that we were low qualifer among the Super Stock cars...a little over a second under the index...that pass before we had the clutch dialed in...8.55 @ 158 mph. There is definitely an 8.40 in the car...now it is up to the driver
So I'm a wheels up virgin with no where enough power, gearing or set up to get a single wheel up YET. Wouldn't that be a weight and balance issue? I know if my plane is to heavy in the tail, I have to fight it to keep the nose down and keep flying forward. Maybe your shock/spring combo is to soft on initial launch allowing the power to shift to far? When I used to run sprints in track and field, I could tell in the first 3 steps if I wasn't leaning far enough forward to maximize my launch. What is the fix to keep your wheels down besides magic spells to talk to the track and know what your traction would be before a run. Maybe your set up is good and its simply up to your timing as stated at the end?

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Tell you the truth. The first time I video tapped Dave running Crusher down the 1/4mile. I was shocked to see how violent a ride it was inside his car watching him put up a hell of a fight. I had 400hp in my 2dr 64 sedan back 20 years ago and never got traction with it on the street. I thought that was a hell of a ride but clearly I still have a bunch to learn about drag racing on a track.