60 MILE ROUND TRIP CAR SHOW, WHEW!

Pats 409

Well Known Member
Hard to believe how ignorant some people are, I was at the local coffee shop with my matching numbers 63 Bel Air talking with a friend that wanted to see under the hood and a local mechanic walked by looked and said "that car never came with that motor in it!" Like you said not even worth wasting time to explain to some people just let it go.

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Had that happen at a car show several years ago with the FI 409.
A guy walked by and said Chevy never made a FI 409.
My buddy with me quickly retorted, “just because you have never seen one doesn’t mean they never made it”!

Shut him up in his tracks!

I’ve learned to “never say never”!

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Another little car show today. Car ran great. This trip..........about 30 mile round trip. Shaker was a hit......for a 348.....(long story here)... My buddy in this Willys jumped ugly with a guy that leaned over the fender!.......He's a BIG guy........he was my watch dog!!

20191013_114941.jpg

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I just posted a video today to remind people to respect the rules of shops when visiting them. People are stupid. Had a guy put a vintage cadillac through a wall a couple of years ago because he wanted to set in it and start it up. It was in gear and had no neutral safety switch. SMASHED that car up. I will say that classic car owners seem to be the worst offenders. They walk between cars, open doors and get in all of the time and just think its their personal garage. People are stupid but its exceptionally retarded for people who own classic cars to pretend they can do whatever they like. I literally see it every day. I don't own the shop yet but as soon as I do that is going to end. :bat Trust no one at shows with that car otherwise our message to you will be "we told you so". I would get portable stanchions and make a loop around the front of your car seriously.