61 409 at Mecum Indy

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Near impossible to counterfeit a 61 biock…now the car, that's a different story.
I agree Cecil, lot of stuff different on a 623 block. The problem is you can restamp the front pad and with the motor in the car it is difficult to to see the tell tell markings that identify the 61 block. If the car has Morain brakes the booster is so large that you can't see the casting number. Roberts car has Bendix brakes and you can look right down at the number

Last edited:

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Near impossible to counterfeit a 61 biock…now the car, that's a different story.
Cecil, Tommy, Phil, we certainly know how to identify a 61 409 block and even if you try to counterfeit it, that’s almost completely impossible!!

The 623 block I have and the 068 block I have that was cast one week later(thanks to TomK), are completely different identifiers. :) :) :)

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I agree Cecil, lot of stuff different on a 623 block. The problem is you can restamp the front pad and with the motor in the car it is difficult to to see the tell tell markings that identify the 61 block. If the car has Morain brakes the booster is so large that you can't see the casting number. Roberts car has Bendix brakes and you can look right down at the number
Yeah I don’t have anything to hide. Actually, with the Bendix system I can’t hide it anyway:brow
Robert

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Lot # S190, 1961 Pontiac Ventura is or was my car. Had I known the guy wasn't going to keep the car I might not have sold it to him. The car now belongs to Dana Mecum. The guy that I sold it to wanted to thin his collection a little but intended to keep the Pontiac but Dana made him an offer on 10 of his cars and the offer included the Pontiac. It will be interesting to see what the car brings

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Lot # S190, 1961 Pontiac Ventura is or was my car. Had I known the guy wasn't going to keep the car I might not have sold it to him. The car now belongs to Dana Mecum. The guy that I sold it to wanted to thin his collection a little but intended to keep the Pontiac but Dana made him an offer on 10 of his cars and the offer included the Pontiac. It will be interesting to see what the car brings
All you gotta do is get a bidders pass. :teehee