61-62 Bubble top door glass

bobs409

Administrator
Is the 61-62 "bubble top" door glass different than the regular 2 door Impala? I think so but want to verify. :reading

Thanks. :)

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I believe the door glass is the same, it's the quarter glass that is different. But, I don't remember for sure. CRS. Guess that doesn't help you. :D

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
61 and 62 bubble top door glass is different -the upper chrome frames are different.
I sold frames that I had -they were curved and/or shaped different than all the other 61 & 62 Hardtop models
Convertible door glass and door glass frames for 61 to 64 are different

Its the vent glass that is the same on 2 door hardtops, convertibles and bubble tops 62's and 61s
see this link for bubble tops
https://www.autocityclassic.com/196...-impala-2-door-hardtop-side-glass-set-62s2hb/

Paul

bobs409

Administrator
I believe the door glass is the same, it's the quarter glass that is different. But, I don't remember for sure. CRS. Guess that doesn't help you. :D

At least you tried Jim! :roll

61 and 62 bubble top door glass is different -the upper chrome frames are different.
I sold frames that I had -they were curved and/or shaped different than all the other 61 & 62 Hardtop models

Its the vent glass that is the same on 2 door hardtops, convertibles and bubble tops 62's and 61s
https://www.autocityclassic.com/196...-impala-2-door-hardtop-side-glass-set-62s2hb/

Paul

Thanks Paul. :drinking

heddrik

Well Known Member

Paul
So the chrome frame is different, is the glass different also?

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Yes the glass matches the 61 &62 bubble top door glass frame and is cut different than a 2 door hardtop glass & frame.
if you look at the link I posted from Auto City the top of the glass has a curve in it near the vent window. This curve matches the curved chrome frame
“there Is no curve on the top of 62 to 64 impala hardtop glass”

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Don...WTH.....where you been????? Glad to see you have joined the forum!!!! Lots and lots of good guys with just a couple of...........
Oh well, WELCOME!!!!!!!!

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I asked Verne Frantz expert on original cars and this is what he wrote about the bell housing paint at GM plants -they did get paint on them

On manual transmissions, the clutch assembly and bell (and lower pan) were mounted before the engine was painted. The degree of orange on the bell depended on the guy who did the spraying. Sometimes it was just partially painted and often the whole thing got paint. The fork was also installed so it got orange on it before the rubber seal was installed.

Verne