61-64 "trailer hitch"?

tetanusshot

Anyone have an OEM hitch or a modern manufacture that will work on my 62 Bel Air wagon? I have an old 15' Scotty camper I want to pull behind my wagon! Pics would be helpful too. Thanks!

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The easiest way is to modify one of the late model pickup/van hitches. They mount right to the frame rails. I am going to do the same thing on my Buick and run the receiver behind the plate.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
My 62 BelAir had a hitch when I first bought her, will have to look around and she if it still hiding somewhere in the shop.

Bill

tetanusshot

Excellent. I am just curious as to what a factory or dealer-installed one looks like. I know these things were plentiful back in the day.

tetanusshot

Back to the top! Looking for a factory style hitch. I've got a little Serro Scotty trailer I want to haul to some shows with my wagon. Anyone got a pic of an original so I can educate myself? Thanks!

Jeff Hagen

Supporting Member 1
I have a 61 Parkwood with a hitch that I'm parting out I will take some pics if your still looking

I just looked in my shed & the custom-built hitch I had on my 59 El Camino is still out there w/ very little surface rust. Took it off when car made into drag racer. 2 bolts each side bolt to frame rails & 1 bolt to rear. No pictures ATT, but could take one if ur interested. I'm in LeCaire Ia. Thinking about $75 w/ shipping. E mail dje59@mchsi.com. Phone 563-289 5025. I think this would fit & work nicely.