61 biscayne build

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Dean, on my street motors with stock oil pans i make sure one of these gets installed! Moroso oil pan baffle that bolts between main cap and the pump! Keeps the oil from climbing up the back of the pan! It’s not a cure all but it helps! Race motors get a Steffs pan!!! Year before last when i was having oil pressure fluctuations i found that the bypass plunger was sticking and caused it! I fixed it with a Drimal and a tiny wire brush with a couple of passes thru there and problem solved! I’m sure this would be something that is addressed in a blueprinted pump! Just food for thought!

Last edited:

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I don't know if I would even mess with it at this point. I'd just keep a eye on it. Drive the hell out of it.

Reactions: 327

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Had my favorite welder tackle my offset stock trans cross member for my new TKX (about 1.5 " further to the rear) A little paint and back in the car..

Attachments

• Resized_20240304_103704(1).jpg
    Resized_20240304_103704(1).jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Resized_20240304_103732(1).jpg
    Resized_20240304_103732(1).jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 23

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
guess what...even a 1330 u-joint won't go thru the front ring of an X frame car without a little notching LOL and then when i tried to hook up the emergency (parking?) brake, guess what u joint was in the way.... i'm having so much fun....know i am going to enjoy this TKX 5 speed someday. Think i need to go back and look in the mirror again instead of looking out of my eyes, because, woops, i did it again. Miss my red bubbletop so much that a white one felt sorry for me and followed me home the other day.....duh! P.S. new car is small block, p.s./p.b./factory air car

Attachments

• Resized_20240316_130712(3).jpg
    Resized_20240316_130712(3).jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Interesting,
I have 1350 U joints & billet carrier ( with a slip joint 2 piece driveshaft ) and a complete stock parking brake cable set in front of the X frame and through the X frame without any frame modifications,
along with my TKX 5 speed.

Also have 9” Ford rear end.

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
maybe something different on my 61 Biscayne Paul?? I understand the Tremec's come with 1330 yokes (Ford products) so you were able to buy 1350 yoke for it? Mine also is a slip joint shaft and have a 1350 joint to my chevy 12 bolt. Tom, the new bubbletop will be a driver, probably without too much modification.....I'm getting up there and just want to finish the Biscayne, slow down some on the labor and enjoy them! LOL ,And i did get the emergency brake to clear the u joint Paul

Last edited: