61 biscayne build

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Well opening up [blending] the pockets will improve the flow considerabily,but takes time[money] to do.The valve stems should be 3/8 on all these w engines.These heads will run pretty darned good on this engine for you.

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
yeah, you're probably right on the valve stems...sometimes i don't keep all the sizing correct in my head. Know that we kept the stock guides.

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
well, drivetrain out of Impala. Now in cleanup engine compartment process.. Shaffer built 409 is going back in behind my Art Carr built 200-4R. rear is stocked housing with Richmond geared (3.70) with Eaton posi (Aubrey caps)and Dutchman axles, 4 linked...Hopefully it will hold up if i'm not too abusive. Just couldn't wait on the Biscayne for my hotter engine, so it will get the 380 incher someday. wishing good health to you all.

Attachments

• 10411757_10153338744756068_5870592426274491861_n.jpg
    10411757_10153338744756068_5870592426274491861_n.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
though my Biscayne has a 4 link 12 bolt installed, my bubble top is now also a 4 link UMI setup with adjustable upper links and eaton posi with Aubry carrier caps and Dutchman axles. Hopefully will be strong enough for the streets.

Attachments

• 20180501_124037.jpg
    20180501_124037.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 20180501_134418.jpg
    20180501_134418.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 67

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Dean,
Do you still want pictures of the lower clutch rods that we last discussed in February in this posting?
I now have some pictures of the lower threaded clutch rod/pin and clutch fork (from 2 of my 62's )that works with your under dash 61 clutch and brake pedals and your upper rod with a 61 Z bar (with a pin).

Paul

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
So sorry Paul, been absorbed with changing drivetrain and updating my Impala for the last couple months. YES, i want to buy the pieces you have and recommend for my Biscayne. You certainly know more about the parts i need than i do. Did you say i can use my 6 banger Z bar? Please just let me know if you can box up the stuff and let me know the price and i send you a cashiers ck. if that's ok. Thanks again, Dean

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Yes your 6 cylinder Z bar should work just fine along with your original upper 61 long push rod from the clutch pedal.
The difference as compared to what will work(I think) is to use a lower threaded rod and and clutch fork that fits this lower threaded rod with a swivel and pin to connect to a clutch fork that accepts the threaded rod. I have these parts to sell.

I will post my pictures "on my cars" of the lower rod/swivel & clutch fork/pin I am suggesting (for all your clutch adjustment) and to fit all your original 61 clutch pedals, Z bar, and upper rod..

Paul

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
just let me know Paul the parts you will ship to me and the price....i believe the clutch fork you have in mind for me, you said would work with my scattershield. Sounds like you have everything i need. Thanks

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Paul, do do you still have a extra vent elbow (63-65 corvette) that goes in the back of the intake.....the one i found is now "lost" so i need another, thanks again.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I think I still have a elbow -I have your parts laid out -posting a picture or two and sending
a message on the parts. By tomorrow.
Paul

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
ok guys, dumb question time...anyone running eddy heads and do you know if any of the exh. manifold bolts go into the water jackets? I thought i scribed all the holes but i have a water leak on the rear passenger side and did not goop any of the bolts...all help appreciated, thanks!

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
ok guys, dumb question time...anyone running eddy heads and do you know if any of the exh. manifold bolts go into the water jackets? I thought i scribed all the holes but i have a water leak on the rear passenger side and did not goop any of the bolts...all help appreciated, thanks!
Yes they do

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
last minute problem in prepping my bubble top for Bowling green...new engine with one post solenoid on starter...had 2 before w/ one green wire and one purple wire. I was told to use the purple wire. Car will not start in the ignition switch "start" position till i let it spring back to the on position, then it starts???? Then i was told to put the green wire on the solenoid post with the purple wire...it starts, but as soon as you release the ignition sw. back to the on position the engine dies....help please, Thanks