61 biscayne build

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I like it too. :beer It looks cool just the way it is.
I say,,, drop in that stroker, upgrade the driveline and try and get her ready by late April for that race you were talking about. "Flag Drags in Herrington, Ks."
The body can wait. :beer
The nice thing about that engine you've got is that it's been tuned on the dyno and it's all set to go.

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
View attachment 33688 View attachment 33689 View attachment 33688 View attachment 33689 View attachment 33690 well, sorry to say, i had to let the wagon go today to help with the biscayne build. I was offered enough to turn it lose, but kinda sad i never had a really good chance to drive it since it was finished. The biscayne made a short stop in Wichita (on my way back from Ca.) to have a little fender well repair, that i didn't want to tackle; repaired, and Tim Devlin of Devlin Rod and Customs wanted to buy my wagon, so it is gone.... Biscayne home today and the engine and trans sold today. So i am on my way to install the 409 after engine compartment clean up work. I will post some pics as i go. Couple shots of wagon in the Devlin/Starbird car show last month in Wichita.....Where Tim first saw and wanted to buy it. Dean ps. My twin brothers 1st car, 1940 chev is parked behind me that he has owned since 1959...................a long time

Attachments

• CAM00298.jpg
    CAM00298.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 164
  • CAM00295.jpg
    CAM00295.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 157

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Dean, sorry to hear you sold the wagon, but at least you have another project to keep you occupied and out of that easy chair .:D W e will be wanting picture's for sure of that big 409 going in that Biscayne .Will you be changing anything on that engine ???

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I've been watching this thread for a while Dean, cool 61 ya got:browIt's funny because I just bought the exact same car (it's even surf green) and I'm doing the exact same thing you are. Out with the original 6 banger/3-speed, in with my '64 409/340 and a super T-10. I'll make an update on the thread I started a year+ ago pretty soon. Here it is on the hook after the toothless ol' boy I bought er from dragged it off the back 40 so I could load it.
8848A779-23B2-4D0B-8499-09186962E8EE_zps5efzq9qv.jpg

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
When I got the Belair, I had no idea what a PITA the side trim is. After a while, I wished it was a Biscayne, but I had no intention of filling those giant clip holes down the side. The clips are another story by themselves. I will never know why they didn't use the Impala trim, if they felt it was necessary!! Someday I will post the whole story.