61 biscayne build

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Thanks for the help guys...............but you MISSED the part where i said around the rear window on a 2 dr. SEDAN POST (not a bubbletop) car. The upper piece of this trim goes up into the roof line of a bel air and impala on the FLAT roof sedans. I wish i had a picture handy. Is this a better description of what i am talking about? Thanks again

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
no, the roof side, how do you remove the stainless (Biscayne does not have it, only belair and impala) your pic looks like piece from inside the car.

sycsteve

Well Known Member
no, the roof side, how do you remove the stainless (Biscayne does not have it, only belair and impala) your pic looks like piece from inside the car.

No that's outside the car 2 door post biscayne and Belair molding. My Belair had some of the stainless in the window seal which I found they do not repop seals to accept that trim for 61. Only 62. So I would say don't take it out unless your rear window seal is reusable.
I wanted to use my Belair rear window stainless in my biscayne but not going to happen.

Last edited:

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
yes, i was talking about the stainless on the OUTSIDE of the rear window that a bel air and impala sedan has. The biscayne has no stainless trim around the rear window. I also was trying to do what you said by putting the stainless trim on my Biscayne. So you are saying there are no clips under the rubber that holds in the trim like on a bubbletop? I was going to remove the stainless off a 4 dr. impala sedan i found. And i apologize, there is a thin piece of molding in the rubber on my biscayne, but the rubber is so bad i need to replace it and will not be putting the thin molding back....i just thought the larger pieces off the impala were held on by clips under the rubber (like in the windshield frame). I was just wanting to know how to pop off the stainless across the rear of the roof. I do appreciate you input, Dean

Last edited:

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
20170107_124145.jpg 14523010_1112350925520793_5441443393039889011_n.jpg 20160925_110748.jpg Hello all, trying to muddle along on the biscayne..Pulled stroked 348 out of my bubbletop and am installing stock 348, turning it into a cruiser. Stroker going to KC ( Tony Shaffer) for a cam and piston upgrade, then it will go into biscayne. This last Sept. my bubbletop was put on the back of the t-shirts for the annual car show in Ottawa, Ks. which drew 2100 cars, so i was very honored. Trivia question, i need a oil pump for the 348...is small block the same? Some pics of goings on....

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
well, i have stayed busy on my engine to put back in the bubbletop, and now its together and ready to go back in the car.....on a sadder note , i lost my younger brother a couple weeks ago and it has been theraputic to stay busy. if you can indulge me for a minute, my brother was the ultimate car guy, having completed the last 10 Hot Rod Power tours as a long hauler in his LS powered 54 Chev 210. He also has a 65 Corvair convertible powered by a 215 ci Olds V8. He was retired military and finished his career as a Enforcement Counsel for US Immigration Service in the states of MO. and KS. His daughter followed his lead as an attorney and then became a FBI agent. He will be sorely missed. see pic of us drag racing at the Lead Sled nats. a couple years ago, and my stock 348 i just finished. Oh, and the stroker 348 out of my bubble is now at Tony Shaffer's in KC for a update with a new cam and some Diamond pistons to be put in my Biscayne. Thanks10544332_10152548914086068_3427848603706501759_n.jpg 20170128_121559.jpg for listening, Dean

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
well, i have stayed busy on my engine to put back in the bubbletop, and now its together and ready to go back in the car.....on a sadder note , i lost my younger brother a couple weeks ago and it has been theraputic to stay busy. if you can indulge me for a minute, my brother was the ultimate car guy, having completed the last 10 Hot Rod Power tours as a long hauler in his LS powered 54 Chev 210. He also has a 65 Corvair convertible powered by a 215 ci Olds V8. He was retired military and finished his career as a Enforcement Counsel for US Immigration Service in the states of MO. and KS. His daughter followed his lead as an attorney and then became a FBI agent. He will be sorely missed. see pic of us drag racing at the Lead Sled nats. a couple years ago, and my stock 348 i just finished. Oh, and the stroker 348 out of my bubble is now at Tony Shaffer's in KC for a update with a new cam and some Diamond pistons to be put in my Biscayne. ThanksView attachment 51149 View attachment 51151 for listening, Dean

So sorry to hear that you lost your brother.

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
sorry for your loss dean, i lost my sister this last sept. i hope he had a peaceful death. may God bless him. jim

it was sept not dec, my mind is going.