61 biscayne build

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Sorry been awhile again .Dave, enjoyed watching your 64 run at Eddyville and visiting with you. Yes, Jason plan on maybe some 1/8 running at nostalgia events. disk brakes installed for 15 in. wheels from ECI.......yeh,rightttttt...ended up with 1/4 in. spacers. Been working on inner fender panels and other stuff (goofing off). Been a little under the weather lately and yard work. Will get back to the Biscayne soon(i hope) You all take care, later Dean

Attachments

• CAM00441.jpg
    CAM00441.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 105

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Dean:

Good to chat the other day. Glad to see you are enjoying this weather as well. I've been taking lengthy cruises everyday, knowing that there aren't that many sunny days left this year.

Unfortunately I am putting both driver cars up for the winter in storage while I do the construction thing, so I'll have withdrawal symptoms for a bit :(.

Cheers!
TomK

sycsteve

Well Known Member
I dig the wagon :cool:. I had a belair I got from my dad but it was to far gone so I parted it out. Illinois car. Got to get it running and did a few smoke shows.
Nice cars. Can't wait to see the belair done.

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
ok, life changes and i am thinking of going a different direction. After losing my butt on the wagon i sold and am now approaching a point of no return on this Biscayne (money wise) i am considering selling the raffle motor 409 (482 c u ) for my investment..... and either trying to sell the car and ALL acquired parts..... or keeping the car and moving my stroked 348 to it. I have a fresh 348 i can put in the bubbletop. I will be listing the motor under 4 sale items and ONLY want to recoup what i paid for it. Trust me, you cannot build a dynoed 570 + hp. motor for what you can buy this one built by Tony Shaffer out of KC. Thanks guys and i hope you all are well, Dean

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Still not much done on the biscayne other than getting all the gauges to work.....easier to play with my bubbletop, so a wheel change was in order for a little different look. Still weighing my options on selling raffle motor.

Attachments

• CAM00547.jpg
    CAM00547.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 62

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Changing wheels on my bubbletop and noticed both axle bearings leaking....anyone experiencing problems in this area. i replaced both axle bearings when i put in the 370 ratio rear a couple years back ( O rings and sealed bearings ) and don't remember this being a problem when i was younger, when i was younger, when i was younger........duh, maybe THAT'S the problem. Oh well, any hints would be appreciated, Dean