'61 Biscayne Stroked 348/440c.i. My First Restoration

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I believe that this misinformation comes from the MarkIV engine .There ,there is a difference between the blocks for the car and the heavy duty truck blocks.When someone hears the term "truck block",they assume that all Chevrolet blocks share the same charistics.You know what often happens when something is assumed.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I stopped talking to him he was getting way bent out of shape when i told him my setup.
Pretty much told me it was a waste. He didnt like me correcting him that there was a tall truck block and a short passenger car block which i have.
Im sure it wont bee the last time i get that.

Just punch him in the face when he starts getting all excited.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
My first ever car in 1967 was a 1961 Belair 4 door, hence my long term 1961 Belair sport coupe project.

My second (1968) was a 1961 Pontiac StarChief, also a 4 door. That's why I hang on to that 1961 Bonneville sport coupe body.

A bit of "revisionist history" on what I wish I had in high school :).

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I clearly remember the time I was courting a girl whose older brother had a 1961 Impala with the 348 and triple twos. One Friday night he had a bunch of guys over to the garage out back with the hood open tuning the carbs and I pull in the drive with my 4 door 1961 Belair with a 2 barrel 283. They were not impressed, even when they spotted my Hurst three speed on the floor :(.

From then on I was fascinated by those unusual engines :) But it took another few decades before I'd get back to owning one myself!

TomK

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I clearly remember the time I was courting a girl whose older brother had a 1961 Impala with the 348 and triple twos. One Friday night he had a bunch of guys over to the garage out back with the hood open tuning the carbs and I pull in the drive with my 4 door 1961 Belair with a 2 barrel 283. They were not impressed, even when they spotted my Hurst three speed on the floor :(.

From then on I was fascinated by those unusual engines :) But it took another few decades before I'd get back to owning one myself!

TomK

And look at you now Tom. You've got them coming out your............ears...

sycsteve

Well Known Member

TomK

Only a cople of my friends were excited about what i was doing with the 348.

sycsteve

Well Known Member
I feel sorry, for them.:confused We all know, what fun is.:clap

Most of the people i know dont think what they call obsolete engines are worth building unless its an LS engine because everyoune else is doing it.
Everone at the first show i went to was gauking at it all day. Started it a few times too. A few looked confused when i said it was my car.

sycsteve

Well Known Member
One thing that bothers me it it blows oil from the filler cap filter i had to use. The stock cap was blowing off.
I have the road tube hooked up too. Not a lot of oil but it drips. Mostly when i get on it hard.