'61 Biscayne Stroked 348/440c.i. My First Restoration

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Most of the people i know dont think what they call obsolete engines are worth building unless its an LS engine because everyoune else is doing it.
Everone at the first show i went to was gauking at it all day. Started it a few times too. A few looked confused when i said it was my car.
Most younger people don't even know the older cars. I get asked what year my 66 chevy pickup is, they say they never saw one.:dunno2

sycsteve

Well Known Member
Thanks guys. I'm having a blast in this car. I'm amazed how many people stop and look at the car. Some track me down while I'm looking at other cars just to ask me about it.
Waiting on my glass setting channel parts and sash channel seal material. Having a little cooling problems on these 95 deg days when going slow or stuck at lights. Creeps up to 220 deg. Think I need better electric fans. Been looking at SPAL extreme performance fans.

sycsteve

Well Known Member
First make sure your temp gauge is accurate with an IR gun.

After breakin, your motor will create less heat as well so put some miles on it and see if it improves?

Thanks. I will break out my IR gun from RC racing and check the temp. The wires broke off one fan last Sunday and I had to rig it till I got home to solder them back on. They don't have much RPM compared to other guys fans I looked at.

sycsteve

Well Known Member
I need a close up picture on the quarter window on a 61 or 62 Biscayne rolled up and from the outside. Could someone please send me some pics?