'61 Biscayne Stroked 348/440c.i. My First Restoration

sycsteve

Well Known Member
Does anyone know where i can fid 61-62 quarter window glass chanel retainer clips?
Think im missing that white part in the pic in the lower back corner too. Huge gap in the frame there.

20180608_224941.jpg

409fanatic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
He y Great project. Friend of mine Glen and I were wondering what the style number is on your Biscayne. We are always keeping an eye out for the Fleetmasters which they made in 1961. No way of telling other than the first 5 numbers. Impalas were always my favorite for years but switched over to the Biscaynes.. Anyway Just thought I would ask.. Great project.
Butch

sycsteve

Well Known Member
He y Great project. Friend of mine Glen and I were wondering what the style number is on your Biscayne. We are always keeping an eye out for the Fleetmasters which they made in 1961. No way of telling other than the first 5 numbers. Impalas were always my favorite for years but switched over to the Biscaynes.. Anyway Just thought I would ask.. Great project.
Butch

Thanks, I'm loving the car. Way more attention than I expected to get at shows.
The tag in the door jam is 11111. I think it was built in Janesville Wisconsin from what I was told by another 61 owner.

sycsteve

Well Known Member
Been reading threads on the Edelbrock road tube problem. Just over 500 miles and my car is starting to use and spit oil from the road tube. It's all over under my car and on my bumper too. Used a Qt goin from Genoa Il to Delavan Wisconsin show a couple weeks ago.
Am I better off with a catch can or run it to the air cleaner? I ordered the air cleaner fitting but don't want it spitting all that in my intake.
I blocked off the tube just to see what happened and my car would not start.
Not sure how messy it will be. Looking into valve cover breathers too Any suggestions?

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
That would be better than going into your air breather.
When you use a PCV system, all that ugly stuff go in the intake and cakes up inside it and some of it goes into your combustion chamber and washes down your air fuel mixture that you hoped was just right. ;)

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Might be a good time to do a compression test and a leak down test . Might save you some aggravation trying to cure the problem. Sound's excessive with a draft tube to blow that much oil out. Just saying.