'61 Biscayne Stroked 348/440c.i. My First Restoration

sycsteve

Well Known Member
Just picked up my block. Never even started on it. Now says at .060 over hes not sure if it is possible to sleeve it without it breaking. Says if I want I can bring my other block back after he gets back from vacation. Has no other work to put in front of mine lol.

sycsteve

Well Known Member
Now this new guy is telling me the sleeve might not seal and the 348 he has seen dont have the valve pocket like my block has.

sycsteve

Well Known Member
Does $1000 sound like to much to fix my head and do a valve job on both? Performance Engine Rebuilders charge me $2465 to machine my block, deck it and install plugs and cam berings.

20190421_172919.jpg

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I’d say it needs a lot of machining then welding then machining again. Might be cheaper to find another and match to the other. What head is it?

sycsteve

Well Known Member
The shop is trying to tell me they are junk out of the box and need to be gone over. It ran fine wit nothing done to them before.
O
I did port them a little when I first got them.

sycsteve

Well Known Member
Should have my new block back on Friday.
I have been trying to think of a good way to test fit the rings when I start filling them. I bought the ring squaring tool but thinking measuring from the ridge in the cylinder bores might work better.