61 Chevy @ the Convention???

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I received a call from a friend in Atlanta today who was not able to make it to KC last week.

He said he heard that someone with a 61 Chevrolet was here that was displaying a lot of the car's original paper work and old pictures from Nalley Chevrolet in Atlanta where he had purchased the car new. I didn't get to see any of this.

Does anybody know whose car it is? Is he a member here? The reason my friend asked......his grandfather worked for Nalley Chevrolet in the 60's and Jim spent a lot time there as a child. He is interested to see if he could get any copies of the old pictures of the dealership and buildings.

Any help out here??????

Thanks.

Phil

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Phil, I think I remember that car but this one might be the one your thinking of,,,,,

Attachments

• Resize of SS S 665.JPG
    Resize of SS S 665.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 150

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
do any of you have a pic of the car behind the red 62? it appears to be a white 63 and has "day automotive" on the front fender. i'd like to see the rest of it. thanx.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Here is the Day Automotive car. One of the many, many nice ones at the convention.

Ron

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
thanx for the pic, what a great looking car, i'm sure it flys like a missile. very impressive, hope i get to see it run. it has a close resemblance to the car i'm replicating. the flags are almost identicle to the Sox & Martin "friendy chevrolet".
cool!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
not the one

Jim:

That's not the car. The red 62 bubbletop belongs to Rich Kopanski. He had it all lettered up for the convention for his friend Larry Moody who had an original Z-11 and red bubbletop.

Bob...as far as the white 63...that belongs to Donnie Shafer..who is Tony Shafer's brother. Tony is the SMART one who builds it and Donnie is a hellva driver!!!! The car is called the Obsolete Missle...but all who know and love him...knows that he is REAL OLD and the car is more appropriately called the Obsolete MUSCLE!!!! :roll :roll :roll

Still looking for info on the Nalley 62 at the convention.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Phil Reed said:
Still looking for info on the Nalley 62 at the convention.

Phil, I believe I remember the car as the Nalley really stuck a memory of the cars that came from that dealership.
But why I don`t have a picture bugs me.

Is it a 61 or a 62?,,,,, dq

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I took pictures of most of the cars. Any other clues? Color? Bubbletop? The name Nalley would not have rung a bell with me. I do have a pic of a red 62 with some info displayed in front of it, but I can't read any of it. It is an original looking car with whitewalls and hubcaps.
Ron

threeimpalas

Supporting Member 1
I remember seeing the window sticker and thinking, "Wow, that car was driven in the town it was built in." I keep thinking it was in a '62 facing south, and not in a '61. There were so many alike cars there that it's tough to distinguish which was which, though.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Come on !! some one must have a picture of it !!
Rich is coming by next week with a copy of the videos he took and mybe it will be in them,,,dq

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
threeimpalas said:
I remember seeing the window sticker and thinking, "Wow, that car was driven in the town it was built in."
The only one I can remember with a window sticker was the blue bubbletop in the COOL old transporter. Is that the one?

Ron

threeimpalas

Supporting Member 1
There were a couple cars with window stickers out in the lot. The stickers may not have necessarily been in the windows, however.