61 Impala 409 at Harrisburg Mecum (Don Fezell)

Junky

Well Known Member
This car is red, not Honduras Maroon, unless I've become color blind. I had a Honduras maroon car, and it didn't look like that color.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
The car is maroon. Phil, I have looked at this car very closely and I wont say it isnt the real deal but I havr my doubts. I do believe it is a factory built SS but I have serious doubts as to the motor being a 61 409. I could not see the casting number on the block without laying on the car and I did not want to do that but there are some grinding marks on the front of the block that made me suspicious. Im not the only one who feels this way, that car has been in a lot of auctions

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I also tried to get the block casting numbers on the back of the block.
Like Tommy said, I too did not want to crawl over the fender to get a photo of the back of the block.
I’m not saying it’s not, in my mind the block verification is most important.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Tommy has forgot more than I know about cars, but my 64 Honduras maroon metallic was not that color from the factory.
Well, I dont know about that :) trust me, the car is maroon. might as well say what concerns me; there are grinding marks in the location where the "x" was cast on the front of some blocks, I think it may have been ground off. 623 blocks did not have that x.