61 impala belair trunk lid????? Help

ja61impala

So I have a 61 4 door belair I recently purchased, mainly just to flip. My question is some people are saying the trunk lid is differnt than a 2 door model but this looks identical to my 2dr bubbletop deck lid? I'm going to take measurements but other than the doors and trim I was to assume trunk/hood/fenders ect. We're the same?!?

Thanks for any info

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
The trunk lid is the same shape and length for all the 1961 Chevrolets. What is different is the number of tail lights in that lid. The Impala had one more tail light on each side. The Belairs and Biscaynes had just one lamp per side, the Impala two.

Hood and fenders are the same also, but the Impala had a "spear" on the top of the front fenders. At least I think it was just the Impalas that had the extra trim.

I snagged a trunk lid off of a 1961 Belair 4 door and plan on using that for my 1961 Belair sport coupe ("bubbletop").

Cheers! TomK

ja61impala

The trunk lid is the same shape and length for all the 1961 Chevrolets. What is different is the number of tail lights in that lid. The Impala had one more tail light on each side. The Belairs and Biscaynes had just one lamp per side, the Impala two.

Hood and fenders are the same also, but the Impala had a "spear" on the top of the front fenders. At least I think it was just the Impalas that had the extra trim.

I snagged a trunk lid off of a 1961 Belair 4 door and plan on using that for my 1961 Belair sport coupe ("bubbletop").

Cheers! TomK

Awesome thanks for the help and clearing that up for me!