61 power steering

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
So I've been fighting to put quick ratio steering on the 61. I'm trying to use the 800 box from an 88 Monte Carlo SS, the same one I have on the 67 Camaro, 72 Nova and just finished on the 66 GTO. These things make the cars drive great.
The problem is that the bolt pattern on the new box is bigger than the original, I knew that going in but I figured some body has to make an adapter plate. I had to buy one to put the late model box on Deb's 65 pickup.
I found a couple of plates but they say they only work with the 605 (round top with snap ring) and not with the 800 (square top with 4 bolts). I thought the 2 were interchangeable so I don't know why it won't work. I messed around with plywood, making patterns for a bracket but I don't have the patience to keep at it until I get the bolt holes and correct angle to line up.
Any ideas, guys?

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Sorry Mearl I have two 61’s with power steering and all I know about adapting is they both leak like heck. My white 61 can mark it’s parking spot with the best leakers out there
Robert

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Sorry Mearl I have two 61’s with power steering and all I know about adapting is they both leak like heck. My white 61 can mark it’s parking spot with the best leakers out there
Robert
My 64 is the same, Robert.:doh Too many places, for fluid to leak from.:bang