62 409 4 Speed

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well I can now confirm that I have now acquired a 62 409 4 speed which was advertised on the forum a few months ago by member joeschmo62.
This is a project for me and looking very much to getting this home, but this will be a while yet as Mike is currently assembling the car to a state where it can be transportable from WI to CA and then containerized from CA to New Zealand.
I have already ordered a number of rebuild parts for the car as well and they will all travel together, so when everything arrives I will have enough stuff for a full chassis rebuild and some replacement floor panels as well. This will be a complete body off rebuild and I will be commencing the build of a rotisserie very shorty.
The car comes complete with a built up 409, 500hp 500ftlb stroker engine (not 100% confirmed that original motor as block face been surfaced and awaiting further info, but is approx date correct) (specs posted when received) and has original T10 gearbox. The correct valve covers have been refurbished and as have the dual carbs.

I will also be ordering a set of Tri Y headers from Show Cars, plus additional added bits and pieces since they are close to WI.
Attached are a few pics.

Well thanks for reading.

Cheers:drunk:dance
Gav

Attachments

• 20131203_143737.jpg
    20131203_143737.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 575
  • 20131203_143936.jpg
    20131203_143936.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 604
  • 20131214_140307_resized (2).jpg
    20131214_140307_resized (2).jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 605
  • 20131214_140359_resized (2).jpg
    20131214_140359_resized (2).jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 605
  • 20131203_143946.jpg
    20131203_143946.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 571
  • 20131203_144012.jpg
    20131203_144012.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 553
  • 20131203_143820 (2).jpg
    20131203_143820 (2).jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 482
Last edited:

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Sounds like you are already off to a good start with it as soon as it arrives. I know you can't wait.

Reactions: Tim

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Congratulations Gav...:deal Keep us posted on your progress... Is this taking the place of the Willys Project?

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Congratulations Gav...:deal Keep us posted on your progress... Is this taking the place of the Willys Project?
Hey Dan,
Yes this is taking place of the Willys. Although I had big plans for this and I had bought the 348 truck block of Jason (Yellow Wagon) and was going to supercharge that, but due to a number of reasons, mainly due to our certification process on scratch built vehicles was going to make the Willys a very expensive project so opted for something that was going to be a bit more manageable yet still with W power so the 62 was also on the bucket list:pop.

Gav

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Congrats Gav!!!!
Another thought...............leave it in LA and come over finish it here. Then you could drive it to Great Bend in September so we can all see it!!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine the LOVE you'd get in Great Bend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
hmmm.gif
And yet another thought! :think Ship it to Kansas City, Finish it there. I know a guy in that area that has a shop and all the parts you'll need to do the job.
arf2.gif

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Congratulations Gav !! I think you made a very wise choice on the 62 :think
Ken

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Gav:

Congrats on your acquisition of another line on your bucket list of vehicles! We look forward to seeing your progress. It's quite a different challenge than we have here in the States. Our challenge is to simply find stuff in good or repairable condition. You add quite a bit beyond the chase, since you have to think about shipping as many things at one time as you can. That's an even more difficult challenge to coordinate that coming together :).

Cheers!
TomK

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Now fun begins, well done Gav, it will be worth it and you will get great satisfaction from the effort.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hey Gav, we will have to build a double rotisserie (spelling???) so we get the 61 on there at the same time:scratch
or we just do what we have for the last number of years and build it together:dunno

Cant wait to see the 62 when it gets here, you might have to put the 409 in the 59 to test run it for a while

Steve

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Hey Steve.............. what does LMBRJQ 60 stand for?????? Inquiring minds want to know!!!!

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hey Steve.............. what does LMBRJQ 60 stand for?????? Inquiring minds want to know!!!!

LMBRJQ is lumberjack
Our licience plate system over here only has 6 characters
We bought the car off ebay as a non running half gutted project out of Orroville (spelling) CA.
The guy we purchased it off was a guy by the name of James Morgan and he was a lumberjack by profession.
His Ebay name was LMBRJQ and we thought it only fitting to let the car have a link with her past in her new home

There is another side to this in that my wife Lynettes maiden name was Lynette Mary Bonisch
So the LMBRJQ can also be translated as Lynette Mary Bonisch Rides Jolly Quick:crazy
Didnt know what else to put on for a name on here as i didnt have the 61 bubble top then (got to find a name for her yet)

Hope this explains it a bit better

Steve

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
LMBRJQ is lumberjack
Our licience plate system over here only has 6 characters
We bought the car off ebay as a non running half gutted project out of Orroville (spelling) CA.
The guy we purchased it off was a guy by the name of James Morgan and he was a lumberjack by profession.
His Ebay name was LMBRJQ and we thought it only fitting to let the car have a link with her past in her new home

There is another side to this in that my wife Lynettes maiden name was Lynette Mary Bonisch
So the LMBRJQ can also be translated as Lynette Mary Bonisch Rides Jolly Quick:crazy
Didnt know what else to put on for a name on here as i didnt have the 61 bubble top then (got to find a name for her yet)

Hope this explains it a bit better

Steve
NOW , PHIL IS COMPLETLY CONFUSED !!!:dunno:think
:crazy:dance:cheers