'62 -'64 Rear Quarter Regulator Differences

62BillT

Well Known Member
I believe I finally figured out the differences between the '62 and '63-'64 2-Dr HT Rear Quarter Window Regulators. The '62 Arm goes straight out with the Roller on the end of it right in the middle. The '63-'64 has a Hook on the end of the Arm and the Roller is located in a little different place. Now, will one still work in the other? Not sure. But there is a difference that has got my attention through the years. I would post some pictures, but I don't have any handy at this time.

Now this could still possibly be different suppliers making different looking parts that still work the same, but it does seem like a year difference and not a part difference.

Last edited:

62BillT

Well Known Member
Continuing on about the differences between a '62 and the '63-'64's, I sent a guy '62 type Rear Quarter Regulators for his '62. He then called me back saying that they now need the Rear Tracks for each side. I told him that I don't have any '62 Tracks just '63-'64 Rear Tracks and he said to send them anyway, hopefully they will fit. They installed it all and he just told me that the Rear Quarter Glass won't hardly roll down.

What this "seems" to prove is the '62 Rear Tracks are indeed different to co-respond for the different '62 Rear Regulators. Paul or anyone else out there, would you know if the '62 Rear Tracks have an "S" curve in them as the '63-'64's are Straight. They are also, guessing here, about 12 to 14 Inches long. I believe they fit the '62, bolt hole to bolt hole, but if they are a different shape, that would pretty much prove it.