62 accelerator pedal question

Impalabricker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What holds the pedal to the accelerator rod? The guy who put my car back together lost alot of the little parts so now Im scratching my head and wondering what's missing. Is my gas pedal supposed to lay on top of the accelerator rod? Isn't something supposed to hold it to the rod? Is the bottom half supposed to be screwed to the floor?

Impalabricker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Mine doesnt have any studs, the pedal actually flaps up from the rod. And theres 2 screws holding the bottom of the pedal to the floor board

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I don't want to mislead you and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the pedal attaches to the rod at all. Look at the bottom backside of your pedal. You'll see two round formed holes that will fit over the corresponding part in the floor board. The pedal snaps into place. On the underside top, you should see a piece of embedded plastic. This rest again the linkage coming through the firewall. The pedal stays in place because it leans slightly inward. The plastic allows for a smooth function. I know on my trifives it was different. The bottom of the pedal was hinged/screwed to the floor board. The '62 design is much better. Hope I have this right, Carmine.